Share Pics of your Farm Dogs

I am really enjoying this thread.
big_smile.png

ChickInDelight, Akela is adorable. That third picture is also what our dog does best.

Here's my farm dog Ari! It took some time to get her to learn chickens were friends not foes....We had her for quite awhile before getting chickens.
64979_100_3382.jpg

The two girls napping Asa is the GSD, it's also taken some time for her to realize she is NOT a city dog.
64979_100_3488.jpg

Checking out the hatch!
64979_100_3506.jpg

And this will be the newest addition in a few weeks...
64979_e9hg9w89tnb.jpg

Loving this thread!!

Here are our dogs:

Nugget: Longhaired Chihuahua, male, about 7 months old now but this pic was taken when we brought him home He's still only about 2.5 lbs! His color has also changed and he is now red and white, pretty much like a rough collie changes.
IMG_2246.jpg

Gunner: Catahoula/Lab mix, male, about 2 years old (not sure, got him from pound a year ago). 60lbs of big baby! If you've seen the movie Marmaduke then you know Gunner. lol.
IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

And Toby: Beagle/Dachshund/Jack Russell mix. 2 years old. Smart as a whip! He knows somewhere around 15 tricks. He is also quite the little hunter, or so he thinks, he can find a trail in the blink of an eye....he's just not so good at the catching part. He barks the second he sees his prey and pretty much tells them, "Here I come!!!!!" while they're still 50 yards off.
roll.png
But he's my baby.
IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

And this is Ryan with Gunner and Toby. He's the best pet ever! lol. Just kidding!
IMG_0849-1.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm in love with Gunner! My dog(above) is also a Catahoula mix. Do you have people give you funny looks when you say what breed he is? I get all kinds of strange looks and questions! He's beautiful! I want my next Catahoula to look similar to yours.

Yes most people don't seem to know what a Catahoula is. But now that I've moved out here to my boyfriend's place in East Texas everybody knows what a Catahoula is. It's all about hog hunting with dogs out here and a LOT of people use Catahoula or Black Mouth Cur mixes. So I gew fewer funny looks now.

not exactly "farm" dogs but here is ours.

Kay-ak. born sept 24th 2010. border collie. she loves car rides, hiking, swimming, playing fetch and frisbee. and yes she does go kayaking!

DSC01376.jpg

frisbee1.jpg

Kay-ak.jpg

kay-ak4.jpg

kay-ak-kayak.jpg

Ziggy. born sept 24th 2010. border collie. this is kay-ak's sister/littermate. she loves kisses and cuddling and thinks she should get all the attention. she also believes she is a lap baby.

ziggy1.jpg

ziggy-granny.jpg

Alex. born jan 11th 2010. chinese crested. don't let this little guy fool you. he maybe small but can take on both border's at the same time. he loves playing with the girls, hiking, sleeping under the covers, and wearing clothes my wife makes for him. he has even won a dog show with paul by his side.

alex.jpg

show1.jpg

alex-red.jpg

alex-fur.jpg

alex-fur2.jpg

stealth-mode.jpg

This is three of my six farm dogs.

95386_dsc02814.jpg

Chocolate is Rain, Black is Stormy (Labrador Retrievers)
Black/White is Willow ( Labrador Retriever / Border Collie)

They are my trail riding companions and they like to protect the chickens, rabbits, horses and cats.

We also have a yorkie (Joy) her job is to stampede the cows and chase school buses.
And two other labs, a chocolate (Cricket) and a black (Toby)
Toby and Cricket just had 10 puppies so their jobs have changes to parents lol

Back
Top Bottom