Share weird guinea stories here!

I have some guinnes in my bator for the first time so I am reading this thread like a manual of what types of antics these wierd birds are up to - kinda like an off-beat owners manual, but funnier.

The Guinea and the Train, what a hoot!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I can't tell if they're dumb, or just have a very powerful sense entitlement.

We put out a mirror for the guineas and they love love love it. They run in a single line over to the mirror and get so giddy staring at themselves that they squawk and run off in single file, circle around and come back to stare at themselves again. Those of you who have guineas, you must try the mirror!

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh my!! That is hilarious!
lau.gif
I'm sure mine would probably run screaming from it thinking it was a monster or something. Just yesterday, when I had gotten a box out of my car to pack some eggs in, they decided it was something to be scared whitless about and took of screaming! Mine would definitely not stand in the middle of a road, or walk on the train tracks, they are scared of everything!!

Oh, I forgot about one! One day, my dad's dog was laying in the grass. I don't know if the gooneys thought she was dead or what, but they were really interested in her. They kept circling her and looking at her, getting closer each time they went around. Of course, they were chitting and chatting the whole time, so when they got close enough for the dog to wonder about them, she lifted her head. You would have thought there was a monster out there! They took off, screaming and flying, to the other side of the yard!
lau.gif

do your peacocks that free range eat your flowers and or garden if you have one????? or do they get on your car? i have a pair and would like to let them free range but have read that they will destroy your garden and flowers and will get on your car.

I think chickens are way more destructive in flowerbeds than peafowl are (my family has some PF). They may poop on your car occasionally, but I wouldn't call that "destroying it". You can put a cover on your car if you like. I would just let them free-range and if they cause you any trouble, pen them back up.

I'll try to tell mine but it's mostly a "you had to be there" moment.
We had one guinea hen for a while, a pearl named Minnie (original, huh?) We were doing some work in the yard at the time with a borrowed Bobcat. One day a rather citified friend came over to borrow a tool. I walked out back with him so I could see that he was looking at Minnie when he asked, "What is that???" My husband, who didn't see what the guy was looking at, replied, "A Bobcat." The look on this guy's face had me on the ground rolling in fits of laughter!
Minnie drove us nuts. The first day we had her she flew all the way down the street making those awful loud noises they make. She finally came back and perched in our hemlock tree 40 feet in the air and woke up the whole neighborhood shrieking at 4 am. We finally caught her using French fries and gave her back to the woman we got her from. No more Guinea hens here!!

Quote:
Poor girl, she was probably looking for her mate! But I can imagine that guy's face...OMG!!
lau.gif

Yeah, we knew nothing! The woman who gave her to us insisted if we just had one she'd be quieter. Um. yeah, lessoned learned!

Back
Top Bottom