SHARE what CANDLER you use / made to see DARK EGGS please : )

SHARE what candler you use or made to see DARK EGGS please : )

we have questioned this several times over in thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/704328/diary-notes-air-cell-detatched-shipped-eggs

But still dont know if there is something we can buy or make that works on these... thanks all!!

Hello friend
frow.gif
I can't keep up with all the posts on that thread - it's a hive of activity
smile.png

I saw Marans eggs in real life for the first time when I received my 'shipped' eggs and they're pretty dark between 5-7 on the Marans scale (or whatever it's called). I use a Surefire flashlight (torch for those of us english/african-bred people) and although I haven't been able to see veining, I can see movement pretty well :)

Hello friend
frow.gif
I can't keep up with all the posts on that thread - it's a hive of activity
smile.png

I saw Marans eggs in real life for the first time when I received my 'shipped' eggs and they're pretty dark between 5-7 on the Marans scale (or whatever it's called). I use a Surefire flashlight (torch for those of us english/african-bred people) and although I haven't been able to see veining, I can see movement pretty well :)
I TALK too much?? ohhhh crudbuckets n mealworms!!
duc.gif
I gogled those and a million of them came up LOL!! from 12.99 to 550.00
hu.gif

Last edited:
I use an old slide projector form the 40s - I added a rubber washer at the lens end so it would be softer as I didn't want to accidentally crack the eggs while candling. I'll try and find a photo. It works amazingly well... even with really dark Marans eggs...

I use an old slide projector form the 40s - I added a rubber washer at the lens end so it would be softer as I didn't want to accidentally crack the eggs while candling. I'll try and find a photo. It works amazingly well... even with really dark Marans eggs...
Projector, I think my Dad has one yet! thanks!

Back
Top Bottom