Share you Rooster pictures here :)

He has some very pretty, shiny feathers on him. But that face is just not up to the sexiness promised, much like the real Fabio. That's how he got his name.

I wouldn't trade him for the world now. He's a very good flock guardian. I have to take him inside to get him to eat a treat. He gives them all away. He watches for the hawks, breaks up fights, and feeds the chicks. Even when I brought home a 7.5 week old ameraucana pair he was feeding them and showing them were the good stuff was. The cockerel fluffed out his hackles and got into a stare at him once. He never even lifted a feather, just looked at him a moment and the baby just walked off. If I'm yelling and after a girl who doesn't want to go to bed, then he'll run out with both wings down and chase her butt into the coop. That's as close to aggression as he ever shows.

Last edited:
This is my boy Fabio. He's got pretty hair..errr..feathers and an ugly face, hence the name. He's hates being held and stays out of reach, but once I have him he doesn't fight. He's a very good boy on taking care of the girls. They get all of the treats I give him. I actually have to take him inside to get him to eat something. Grapes are the only exception. He really likes grapes and will try and eat one, but the girls just take them from him.

What flavor of roo is he. He is a handsome guy with the (beard)? :)

This is Sir William. He is a 15 month old buff orpington.

My three young gentlemen. Sir Rodney in the front, Sir William, next and Sir Lancelot in the far back.

and this is King Arthur and Lady Guinevere my sizzle roo and blue cochin.

Last edited:
Fabio is a silkie x easter egger cross. I have his half sister, too. She's the one behind him in that last picture where he's in the wheel barrow. I love the little bit of crest they have. Looks like slicked back hair.

and this is King Arthur and Lady Guinevere my sizzle roo and blue cochin.

Nice chair he has there. LOL. He looks very royal sitting on his chicken throne.

I can never get the funny pictures with my birds. Wish I could.

Last edited:

This is Willie, my partridge Brahma. He is such a sweetie and weighs almost 5kg and is 11 months old. He will do anything for a mealworm.

Last edited:
This is Brock (Barred Rock) who is a 1 1/2 year old rooster. He is a big old pet to all of us but let a dog or cat get anywhere near his ladies and it's all over but the shouting or crowing in this case.

@ chicken boy
In South Africa we follow the UK standards and have the partridge Brahma accepted. As far as I know the American standard do not recognize the partridge colour in Brahmas .

Back
Top Bottom