Share you Rooster pictures here :)

Trying to name this little guy. Any suggestions. He's gonna be 6 weeks on Sunday

How about Motley? (from him being mottled)
yesss.gif

This is Nova (the Wonderchicken). I got him from someone on Craigslist who had too many roos. He didn't have a name and they hadn't been handling him. I brought him home (with a silkie and a Seabright, both roos), sat down in the coop, and let him out of the cat carrier, and he immediately came to me, jumped on my knee, then my shoulder, and started preening my hair and trilling at me. He is so small and gentle even the teen Silkies picked on him, so now he's a housechicken at night, and by day, he guards our little lavender Orpington who is recovering from an eye infection. Of course, she's bigger than him, so he started courting her... she's not interested ;)

This is Cecil, our 1 year old Porcelain D'Uccle rooster. He can be a bit of a punk at times thinking he is tough stuff, but he is a good rooster to his hens and never abuses them. He also gets along with our Black Australorp rooster who seems to have his own separate band of ladies.

Back
Top Bottom