Share Your Duck And/Or Chicken Coops!

View attachment 2468772
I put lots of signs around the run. Not all of them are up yet, and my chicken run renovation is still in progress! This one says “The Hen Den” and it’s just on their door. I would love to put a small wreath there too.
View attachment 2468776
the actual coop is crap though. It’s a snap-loc and not big enough. However, to make up for this I clean it once a week and make sure to maintain clean air inside
View attachment 2468777
I have a nipple waterer and it’s great. I used to use one of those crappy dish waterers, and it was so hard to clean! This one is easy to clean, the chickens can’t get the water dirty, and it never spills!
View attachment 2468778
I have two different feeders. One I just got them for Christmas (in the photo) and is very easy to refill and clean, unlike the other one which I kind of hate!
View attachment 2468781
my girls have some tire dust-baths which I made using spray paint and recycling abandoned tires I found up along the trails in the woods. They don’t actually dust bath in them, But they love climbing on them and kicking through it
View attachment 2468783View attachment 2468785
here’s another sign, which was the first one I ever got. I also hung up lights around the coop, and I put up a wreath on the outside to.
View attachment 2468786
they like standing on the door to!
View attachment 2468787
I keep my feed in trash bins and the girls think they’re the greatest things! They like to climb all over them and use the extra levels.
View attachment 2468790
I put in some fun logs for them to climb on. I used to have an old branch in there too, plus old hay bales which were stacked so they could have levels. They really liked scratching through the hay to find bugs!
View attachment 2468791
I made this sign for them, and I plan to have a drop down with their names.
View attachment 2468792
another cute sign for their dust baths!
View attachment 2468793
My old feed station with the feeder I hate. Behind that is my big trash can (feed) and little trash can (treats/grit/oyster) the red thing behind the coop is the oyster shell and grit feeder
View attachment 2468797
the dust baths!
View attachment 2468795
and of course all my girls. Joy (SS) Bubbles & Jokgu (BRs) Opal & Jellybean (EEs) IBrigid (LO) and Valentine (SLW)View attachment 2468812View attachment 2468813View attachment 2468814View attachment 2468817View attachment 2468818View attachment 2468820View attachment 2468821
I love the setup! How did you make the dust bath tires? I saw that you have the Snap Lock chicken coop. How does the coop hold up?

I love the setup! How did you make the dust bath tires?
I have quite a few acres of woods that back up onto a newer neighborhood. For whatever reason people like to dump old tires and such down the hill so I was able to find an ammount and roll them back through the trails (not an easy task!) and to the chicken coop. I then cleaned them up, removed all the moss, dirt, mud, and things growing on them to prep for painting. I bought some outdoor spray paint at Lowes with different colors and painted each tire and then finished with clear coat to seal it and prevent my chickens from eating any paint chips. I swatted a few days before putting them in the coop to let the potentially toxic paint fumes air out and let the paints dry. Overall the process took about three days.
I saw that you have the Snap Lock chicken coop. How does the coop hold up?
It holds up pretty well, it’s so easy to clean as you can just slide the trays out and dump them into a wheel barrow for compost. I don’t love it because it is pretty small and I’m not fully comfortable with having all seven of my chickens in it but it’s okay as long as I clean it often. I’ve had it for about two and a half years and unlike my old wood coops, this one holds up really well. I would suggest it if you have a flock of about 5 or fewer chickens.

Back
Top Bottom