Share your duck pictures here!

Pics
I got four little Rouen ducklings last November..my first ducks...and have loved every minute of it! Even my oddball one!
Did u ever find out about his "growth"? Just curious bc I have a Magpie w/ something similar.

I'm not sure on his growth. It seems like a few random black feathers fused together and they are surrounded by smaller normal tufts of "crest" feathers. But instead of being properly positioned on his head, his crest is on the side. When he was a baby it was a tiny bald spot on his head, while his crested brother has a legitimate crest since day one. I figured it was just a defect from him being a crested duck.

I'm not sure on his growth. It seems like a few random black feathers fused together and they are surrounded by smaller normal tufts of "crest" feathers. But instead of being properly positioned on his head, his crest is on the side. When he was a baby it was a tiny bald spot on his head, while his crested brother has a legitimate crest since day one. I figured it was just a defect from him being a crested duck.

Mine isn't crested, but it looks like 3 feather follicles fused together w/ a small mass/skin @ the bass. It is moveable & not fixed & it doesn't seem to cause him any pain either.

Back
Top Bottom