Share your pictures of Dust/Dirt Baths

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by RMo2, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dodgewoman

dodgewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    Love all the pictures! I should take some of mine doing this! The first time I saw one doing it I got worried until I realized what she was doing. It looked like she was dead,lol Until she flipped on her other side!

3. Sanna

Sanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    My silkie hen Chicken Little taking a good dirt bath after being cooped up in the barn with the chicks for 2 weeks...plus the other 3 weeks of sitting on eggs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. RedLightSpecial

RedLightSpecial New Egg

May 6, 2011
    I call this "stoplight formation."

1 person likes this.
  5. Mudsow

Mudsow Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  6. mamacope

mamacope New Egg

Apr 22, 2012
    We just got our girls set up with a permanent dirt bath in their "summer annex". The black and white hens are our oldest girls and run the place so one stood guard while the other bathed.I sat for an hour watching and taking pictures!
    [​IMG]

7. Mama Hen Chris

Mama Hen Chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    Peoria, AZ
    Gretchen and her 1 day old chicks. Trixie dustbathes for the 1st time.

8. kellypepperk

kellypepperk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2012
    Delaware County, NY
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [email protected]@rd a Rose Comb Brown Leghorn and Lucky (with a missing toe) Barred Rock spending a day at the spa that used to be my beautiful petunias in an old 18 wheeler hub cap. I plan on NOT planting any beautiful flowers in this next year as it is right near our porch and we so enjoy watching them! Love these chicker-peckers!

9. The Howards

The Howards Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I think they are hilarious when they are small and try their first dust bath. Ours never seem to actually make it to dirt and move themselves more than anything else. They kick and flop and bounce all over the place. This is our speckled sussex, dominique and buff brahma about a week after they came home.

10. sinkorswim

sinkorswim Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2012
    Melbourne,Florida
    The center picture should be the winner! The picture just looks like what all of see in our own chickens.Surprise! The pictures look like owner has worked so hard to build a beatiful box for them to dust bathe in there is one chicken who bends the rules,or finds his or her own way to do it better.Broke into the bag while the owner had stepped away.I love it!
    addicted2chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by