Share YOUR rescue stories!

My sisters found a bird with fishing line wrapped around and grown into its legs. I gave it water with ACV and managed to get all the string off of its legs. Then I sprayed skin and wound spray on the place where the string was embedded to ward of infection and promote healing. Then I set it free. It was an enjoyable experience!

My sisters found a bird with fishing line wrapped around and grown into its legs. I gave it water with ACV and managed to get all the string off of its legs. Then I sprayed skin and wound spray on the place where the string was embedded to ward of infection and promote healing. Then I set it free. It was an enjoyable experience!
:thumbsup

me/or my parents have rescued so far:two male starlings fighting over a girl and wouldn't let go of each over and got stuck in a small gap between the fence and the tree in our chicken run,a female English sparrow who got her foot caught in the roof fencing of our run and has hanging upside down with her toes barely attached to her foot,a hawk from our old half-blind easter egger rooster who thought the hawk was going after the hens(it was only going for an english sparrow),and a fighting cock who somebody had tied his legs together with baletwine and set him loose in the neighbors orchard,and two 8 week old puppies who somebody had just dropped them off in 30 degree weather,at 6:30 in the morning before school.and a bunch of baby ducklings who were getting hit with stones and other hard objects and it was a group of 7-12 year olds!and thankfully none of them were hurt too bad,just a lot of bruises probly since the mom wouldn't let me too close to them

Well I once saw two baby mockinbirds that fell out of their nests (they were ADORABLE), I was like 10 years old and I wasn't an expert at catching little tiny chicks like those yet, good thing my uncle is there and he LOVES birds and is great with catching them and stuff so he caught them. We saw the parents flying around so we put them in a bucket a blanket to keep them warm and the parents would come and feed them... I forgot what happened but I think they both jumped out of the bucket and I have no idea what happened to them ;_; I was so sad...
We also rescued a mini rooster, his name was Speedy and we had him in a cage because he was so tiny he could fit through any hole. So I saw a squirrel in his cage once and I have no idea what happened but I think the squirrel bit him on his leg and it got all... infected and swollen.
And my uncle, you know the one who loves birds XDD did some surgery I have no idea what he did because I was probably in 1st or 2nd grade... I just remember that he grew up like a normal mini rooster but with a leg that he couldn't use. He crowed, tried to mate with another mini hen but he couldn't (I felt so bad XDD), but we accidently let him out at night once and he got eaten by something :[ He was old and close to dying when that happened but it was still sad.

I didn't REALLY rescue them it was my uncle who did mostly everything but I always helped in taking care of them so I did part of the rescuing right? XD

Back
Top Bottom