Sharing DH with the Other Woman... Candid Photos Taken!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Oct 6, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Her name is Becca. She wants him all to herself. Miranda wants him, too, but Becca is fierce in defense of her man and Miranda must stay arm's length away or have her feathers plucked.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Miranda is almost 4 years old and one of my largest hens:

[​IMG]

Caroline is my only other Brahma, also almost 4 years old. She knocks on the back door and makes noise so we'll throw her goodies:

[​IMG]

Here is Tiny the Terrorist:

[​IMG]

And Gypsy, who is about 3 years old, with actual feathers on her head and face....seems she molts three times a year and usually looks like a vulture, but she is really a pretty girl.

[​IMG]

2. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Haha! [​IMG] That's awesome! Such lovely chickens as well, and four years old? Wow! [​IMG]

3. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Oh my stars & garters, how shameful! Such brazen displays of public affection should be outlawed..I am truly aghast and my senses have been seriously offended.
    My advice to you is FIGHT FOR YOUR MAN, WOMAN!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. harleyjo

harleyjo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    Cute! What breed are they?

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Becca is a Barred Rock, Miranda and Caroline are Brahmas, Tiny is a black Ameraucana (well, EE since she is beardless and lays a brown egg), and Gypsy is a black Ameraucana.

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    [​IMG]

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

TOM ! ! ! Oh my gosh, those crazy girls just won't give up, will they? [​IMG]

8. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Oh, this post is too cute and funny! He's being invaded by all these lovely women, how are you going to compete?! [​IMG]

9. sheilawagner

sheilawagner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Pacific NorthWest
    I really like how Miranda looks, such a pretty Brahma. Beautiful feathers and such a serene face. Such a beauty.

10. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Y'all will note that Tom isn't exactly struggling to make his escape, now is he?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Those are absolutely precious and priceless photos of the girls there Cyn! Thanks for sharing with us! And I so wish I could have you send Tiny to me. Chief would likely be more than happy to correct her terrorist traits! [​IMG] She just needs more lovin' is all! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by