Sharing Some Pictures For Fun - Guineas, Silkies, & Their Home

@ Dwegg - That's cool! Good luck with yours and hopefully we'll both have some silkie chicks here soon!
wee.gif

@wishingbee - You're welcome - I'm happy it gave you some ideas. I also plan to put bales of hay around the old shed in the winter to help insulate it since it has no actual insulation.

@Mrs. Fluffy Puffy - Keets are so adorable! Good luck on your hatch! I have a great color assortment of guineas because I live within driving distance to The Guinea Farm - a HUGE hatchery of great quality birds. I'm very impressed with their stock, and some of them also came from another local breeder who ordered his guineas from somewhere else and also has great stock. I'd like to see pics when your eggs hatch. How fun!

@SilkieChickenLover336 - Yep. At least until the guineas are old enough to free range by day and just come in at night. If you're thinking about keeping them together, I'd have a plan B in mind, just in case it doesn't work out. Fortunately, it has for me so far, so I haven't had to divide them up. Possibly because I introduced them young, whether it will change when they all mature, I don't know. I have the ability to split my run and add a small coop for my silkies if they do ever get picked on.

Back
Top Bottom