Shaw and the Hound

Pics
I'm actually worried about that.
I need to introduce him to a kitten or something so he'll know better than to just let a cat swipe him.
Eh sometimes they get swiped once and never mess with them again 😂🤣 but obviously you don’t want him getting hurt. But most cats only use as much force as necessary. Luna doesn’t even use her claws on anyone or anything unless she absolutely has to. She used to let Gator back her into corners 😂🤦‍♀️

It all depends on the individual dog and its reaction. I have seen a cat take a swipe at a dog and the next move was the dog chomping and shaking the dead cat.
Ya. Ideally I like him to know what is "mine" and what's not.
He goes nuts over the fetal cats that come around here but hasn't gotten close to one yet. He found a baby squirrel the other day. He wanted to get it ..but he just mouthed it and didn't hurt it.
Idk. There's a line there I'm not sure how to teach. I want him tame to what I want safe...
But can I have both? How do I teach him the difference?

He goes nuts over the fetal cats that come around here but hasn't gotten close to one yet. He found a baby squirrel the other day. He wanted to get it ..but he just mouthed it and didn't hurt it.
Idk. There's a line there I'm not sure how to teach. I want him tame to what I want safe...
No, once he gets the taste of blood from his first kill, it is all over. Ask @memphis about her killer puppy.

No, once he gets the taste of blood from his first kill, it is all over. Ask @memphis about her killer puppy.
Ehh, idk. I’ve heard of plenty of dogs killing a chicken or two at first and then being fine with them later on once taught and lots of dogs will kill or chase stray cats, etc. but are fine with “their” cat.

I think it’s possible. There’s plenty of dogs that chase off any and all other animals that enter the property but yet are fine with “their” family animals like their cat or chickens or whatever. Not sure how you’d teach it though. One of my brother’s dogs is the sweetest dog in the world but has a crazy high prey drive hah

It all depends on the individual dog and its reaction. I have seen a cat take a swipe at a dog and the next move was the dog chomping and shaking the dead cat.
Gator used to get “mad” at Luna and get all sassy but he would never actually hurt her. He would just chomp the air LOL usually scoot backwards too 😂🤣 that was always his classic sassy temper tantrum move 😂🤣 so he’d be like “mooooommmm she’s touching me!” 😂🤣 It was usually also done when told he couldn’t do something or couldn’t go 😂🤣

Back
Top Bottom