1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Shawnee, Oklahoma Poultry Show... WHO is GOING?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Elite Silkies, Nov 5, 2011.

1. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I have considered going and taking some of my Silkie chicks. I just got back from there, though...so I'm not sure I'm up for the drive right after going to and from Arkansas!

We'll see.

2. groundpecker

groundpecker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Rison, Arkansas
    I wonder if anyone will have any nice Black Sumatra there? I really have been wanting some decent quality birds of that breed and not hatchery stock.

3. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Quote:OOOH!! I would love to buy a pair of BANTAM salmons. How much were you thinking on them if you were to sell them?

4. CrestedGirl

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Quote:Have you heard of Tommy French, Im not sure if he will be there though. He has some excellent SQ black sumatras.

5. groundpecker

groundpecker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Rison, Arkansas
    Never heard of his line. It seems Black sumatra breeders are not talked about very much.
    Quote:Have you heard of Tommy French, Im not sure if he will be there though. He has some excellent SQ black sumatras.

6. CrestedGirl

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    I know he is featured in the exhibition poultry for April 2011.He was with his roo in Beaumont at the South Texas State Fair.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  7. buffbeauty

buffbeauty Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:What were you doing in AR??!!

I'll PM you on the salmons.

8. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:What were you doing in AR??!!

I'll PM you on the salmons.

I haven't been to AR yet!! I'll be EATING PIE!!!!!! We go for Turkey Day and I'll be in the Hardy area. I'll be heading down Wednesday, coming back on Saturday.

9. buffbeauty

buffbeauty Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Central Arkansas
    Oooohh! Sorry. Didn't mean to be nosy sounded like you meaning you had just come. I knew you just went to heritage orps and I didn't THINK they were here. Ha. You'll be pretty far north from where I live. Have a safe trip though and enjoy your pie![​IMG]

10. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Quote:Come on!! You can do it [​IMG] And bring me a piece of that pie [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by