Shawnee, Oklahoma Poultry Show... WHO is GOING?

Quote:
There was a lady named.....Betsy? Who had quite a few for sale, I bought 2 girls from her that I'm totally in love with, mine are pets, not to breed. There was another lady that had some for sale from Edmond, another lady had tiny chicks a few days old and another set that were about 3 wks old. Everyone was handling them left and right, I'd have worried about diseases with tiny babies like that. It seemed most of what was for sale were Modern Bantams and OEGB.

Oh. Why didn't you find me? I assumed you didn't come.

Quote:
There was a lady named.....Betsy? Who had quite a few for sale, I bought 2 girls from her that I'm totally in love with, mine are pets, not to breed. There was another lady that had some for sale from Edmond, another lady had tiny chicks a few days old and another set that were about 3 wks old. Everyone was handling them left and right, I'd have worried about diseases with tiny babies like that. It seemed most of what was for sale were Modern Bantams and OEGB.

I wouldn't have missed it! I looked for you and didn't see the Fav table. I was mostly in the sale area. I think I saw your sale birds. If they were yours I loved the Auracanas if they were yours! I only saw 2 Favs in the entire show area-1 boy and 1 girl. Is that all there was?? Such awesome birds and only 2 were entered?

Quote:

I wouldn't have missed it! I looked for you and didn't see the Fav table. I was mostly in the sale area. I think I saw your sale birds. If they were yours I loved the Auracanas if they were yours! I only saw 2 Favs in the entire show area-1 boy and 1 girl. Is that all there was?? Such awesome birds and only 2 were entered?

Yep. I don't end upbringing mine of course but that's all otherwise. Our table was just inside show barn between Marian's and Cornish tables

Does anyone have any idea who the winners are? I was supposed to go but due to weather and some other unforeseen circumstances, I had to cancel my flight.

We took Reserve Breed and Variety with a Young Gander, Best of Breed and Variety, Best Medium Goose, Champion Goose, and Reserve Grand Champion Waterfowl with one of our Old Geese. Super!
woot.gif

Quote:
Fantastic! Congrats to you and your birds! Nice to see a big award(Reserve Grand Champion) go to a goose!
Any clues on the Call duck results? Sorry, I am always curious how the little duckies do!
smile.png

Quote:

Yep. I don't end upbringing mine of course but that's all otherwise. Our table was just inside show barn between Marian's and Cornish tables

I was at the Marans table right inside the door for a long time looking at all their eggs (is that the table you meant?) My 4 Cuckoo Marans are only 5 mo old and they tower above all my other chickens, I didn't realize these guys got so huge. I didn't see the Cornish table either but I'd have loved to. One of my favorite breeds. They're not gorgeous like Faverolles but the personality of my Dark Cornish bantam beats anything I've ever seen
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom