Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

I went ahead and checked the last two eggs and was going to put a safety hole in one cause I knew they were all internal pipped a long long time ago. And this one already give up without ever externally pip ing. :hitIt made it so far too!
20180427_203151.jpg
20180427_203310.jpg
20180427_203421.jpg
see. . I probably could've saved it with a safety hole. .but it's so hard messing with them under an angry brood y. :th

Oh definitely :) In this thread, be prepared to see a lot of people opening a lot of incubators, lol.

Sooo true haha!!

I went ahead and checked the last two eggs and was going to put a safety hole in one cause I knew they were all internal pipped a long long time ago. And this one already give up without ever externally pip ing. :hitIt made it so far too! View attachment 1360976 View attachment 1360977 View attachment 1360978see. . I probably could've saved it with a safety hole. .but it's so hard messing with them under an angry brood y. :th

you had no way of knowing :hugs:hugs

I am now baby sitting the last egg in an icu cup :fl
I could see it had started zipping earlier when I was out there. .and thought it was stuck. I pulled the cap off and it's head popped out. . .it still has a little bit of yolk :oops:
Darned if you do and darned if you don't!!
20180427_202527.jpg

I just have it keeping warm under a light bulb. . I hope that's ok.

I could see it had started zipping earlier when I was out there. .and thought it was stuck. I pulled the cap off and it's head popped out. . .it still has a little bit of yolk :oops:
Darned if you do and darned if you don't!! View attachment 1360987
I hope that one makes it ok. Sorry about the other one. You sure tried to monitor but your duck had her own ideas. :hugs

Snood? Bizarre thing.

Agree, the snood is a strange protrusion.

Darned if you do and darned if you don't!! View attachment 1360987

Three beautiful babies. Sofie did great!
Hope the last one turns out ok. It's very tough deciding "when" is the right time. :hugs

I am really in shock that any of these eggs made it actually between the weather. . and her sitting other eggs first and then jumping nests. .we had some pretty darn cold nights those eggs went through before she made the change. that is one determined brood y. I bet she has been sitting for around 32 days or so. . I'd have to go back through the thread to see when she started on the first nest.

Back
Top Bottom