She Ate a Bow (help)

ChickMom6002

Chirping
Mar 2, 2018
My Chicken Peep Ate a Red Painted Bow i Had For This One Toy, i dont know if she will poop it out or will die from it, im really scared please help me for the sake of my chicken.

also we called every bird vet we could and all they said was "Welp i dunnoo"

um.... get some chick grit down if you don't have some already. I really have no idea. I mean I guess it just depends how big it was, if it was soft or hard. I would guess it's more likely to get stuck in her crop, maybe she can barf it out? I wouldn't try to make her though without much better advice then me. I would guess if it doesn't come up or go down on its own your best bet would be do your best to help her prevent impacted or sour crop and hopefully it will pass once she gets bigger

I read a story about a rooster found with a string of plastic beads halfway down his gullet. The owner pulled the string out and some of the beads were already dissolving so I wouldn't worry too much. They can digest bugs exoskeletons and whole seeds/grains so I think your baby will be fine.

Ok, i Have Been Waiting For it To Come Out in Her Poop, Maybe The Reason im Not Seeing it is Because She Dissolved it Already.

It is very important to keep string, fabric, trash, or anything long or inedible that they might like to taste out of the pen.
She will probably either dissolve it, or poop it out. If she stops eating and pooping, it could be stuck somewhere. In that case, she would have to have surgery to remove it.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom