*She Didn't Make It* She's barely drinking and not moving much

candy37

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 22, 2007
South Texas
Thanks to everyone who read this. I know no one replied, but I'd guess that is because they didn't know how to help me or Vanna. She died a few minutes ago.
Thanks to everyone who gave me advice yesterday when I posted about Vanna in another thread.

Yesterday morning I found Vanna not moving around much, not drinking or eating very much either. I brought her into the house and left the other chicks outside in their pen.
After 2 1/2 hours Vanna started becoming more active, eating & drinking. I kept a close eye on her all day and into the evening. Around 10p.m. she was making so much noise I thought she must be lonely all by herself. She seemed fine so I put on the back porch with the others for the night.
This morning I found her worse off. She doesn't move around at all, just moves her head. After an hour of gently dipping her beak and stroking her head she has taking a few drinks of water on her own. But she still isn't moving except her head. Oh, she was laying on her side, but she's upright now if that matters. She does chirp, which I don't know if that's good or bad.

Vanna is a 4 week old leghorn. I have no idea of what to do for her, other than to try to keep getting her to take in some water and food.

If anyone can help me at all I appreciate it. I don't want her to die.
sad.png

Last edited:
Im sorry about Vanna. Usually, if no one answers, it's just because they dont know the answer. It's better not to give wrong advice in these situations, but we all feel for your loss. I do wish I could have helped.

Thank you.

I know if someone had the answer on how to save her they would have posted. She died soon after I posted so there really wasn't much time for anyone to answer either.

I'm so sad. I only have 9 chicks left.
sad.png
I started with 26. I don't want anything to happen to the others.

Candy37 I hope I am wrong, but did you start out with 26 chicks and only have 9 left. I was also wondering what happen to the others. I hate to say this but if that is the case, you are doing something wrong. There are plenty of people on this site that can help with your situation. Please ask for help.

Back
Top Bottom