She "dumped" her ferret on us. "Rant"

Sadly, unless she is an immediate danger to herself or others, she does not qualify for the Baker Act or the Marchman Act. And even if she did, they would only hold her for a maximum of 72 hours to be evaluated. If she meets the criteria for committal, the doctors can keep her and start that process. If she doesn't, they release her, even before the 72 hours is up. And given what Ferngully has said here, I doubt any judge would grant either act.

It's a flawed system.

Sometimes, for whatever reason, the child is so damaged that nothing you do will help and the best (and only) thing you can do is just let them go. My story is different, but I do empathize with your situation and think I understand how you feel.

Sarah

FernGully, sorry that I missed that reference, and I really feel for what you are going through. I agree with most of the advice that you've been given too, you just need to stay strong, and keep on doing the things you're doing. You seem to have more strength than you think and are handling things so well. I hope that things go well for you, and yes, everyone here is sending you lots of support.

Back
Top Bottom