She honestly didn’t want anything to do with me until her sister passed. R.i.p. waffle.)

Dec 15, 2017
Vallejo
I bought these beautiful cinnamon queens from the local feed store only TWO days ago. And the biggest one died. She wouldn’t move just sat there with her wings down. I scooped her out the coop to examine her and see what’s wrong. I didn’t see any swelling or wounds on her body at all. But I could hear a clicking when she breathed. I could lay her on her back, her side, hold her on my hand with her feet hanging, and she would just stay there. (Mind you These two were very active when I purchased them) I got her to drink some water with electrolytes and got her to perch on my finger and I hoped she’d be okay. So I set her back down with her sister, who I had in a large bin. About 5 minutes later the flapping started. :( I took her out immediately and set her on the floor to Let it happen without freaking out the other chick. When it was done I couldn’t believe what just happened. A perfectly happy healthy chick got sick and died in an hour? Their coop was clean water clean they had scratch shelter I have NO idea what could Have happened to her. I held her and cried I even tried some type of CPR to bring her back. I know it was stupid. But I couldn’t accept the fact I lost this beautiful bird so soon. I was and still am devastated. Now queenie hasn’t left my side. I’m sad too baby:(

Attachments

• 2939256B-C9D7-4AE5-98B8-5B886CE65663.jpeg
    2939256B-C9D7-4AE5-98B8-5B886CE65663.jpeg
    550.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 2A55C951-C103-4E0C-9CF4-38919BF7C1CA.jpeg
    2A55C951-C103-4E0C-9CF4-38919BF7C1CA.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 17
I’ve lost a pet chicken named Digger. A deformed beak but a very nice rooster.He was a Batam BB Red, you could see he was retarded. He died in 2017 or 2016. I’ve lost many chickens to foxes. :hit

I already have a dog who HATES FOXES real bad. Molly, a big dog, hates foxes. She will kill it.

Back
Top Bottom