She is gone....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by savingpurple, Aug 7, 2011.

1. savingpurple

savingpurple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Ohio
    Rehomed my "mean to the other hens", white Leghorn, Ms Pissy. Took her out of the coop mlast night after I found another hen injured laying on the floor of the coop. She looked dazed, and incoherent.

That was enough to have me make the hard decision happen first thing this morning. Took her over, let her go in the run, and she walked around checking things out. One hen came up to her, and both chests went out, and the pecking at each other began. Then the top rooster of the flock, cam running over, and took the other hen down. I was surprised that he didn't do it to mine. Think she needed a little rough, tough love from the head hancho!! But no......she got her way !!!

I worry she won't know where the water is, or food, and where to go if danger presents itself. But, I have to trust chicken instinct here I guess. I just hope she has a long happy life with other hens, and roosters !!

So, I am sure she will be fine, but I feel bad leaving her.....but my other hens are so much calmer and now I am so much happier.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I'm sorry, it's hard, but it's probably for the best.

My mean hen just got out of "jail" yesterday. Day 1 went OK.

Imp- now how to break her crowing.

3. savingpurple

savingpurple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Ohio
    I gave it my all, tried every suggestion that was offered on here. She just couldn't play nice!!! She was so darn sweet to me....miss her !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by