She just did it!!!

Hello BYC Community. I would like to share with you my happiness about my almost 23 weeks old pullet. She gave me the best present for Christmas. The first egg!
Here I got 2 images of the egg and one of my beautiful girl šŸ„°
What surprises me the most is the fact that she laid a brown egg even though she is completely white!!!
View attachment 3710110View attachment 3710112View attachment 3710113
IMG_4345.jpeg

Congratulations on your first egg! As far as it being brown, I had always heard that if your bird has red earlobes, she will lay brown, and if she has white earlobes, she will lay white. I've included a picture of my hen Sugar who looks similar to yours but with white earlobes. This theory isn't working for my colored layers.

Hello BYC Community. I would like to share with you my happiness about my almost 23 weeks old pullet. She gave me the best present for Christmas. The first egg!
What surprises me the most is the fact that she laid a brown egg even though she is completely white!!!
Congrats on the Christmas egg!! :thumbsup
She's a very nice looking girl. Is she a white rock or a white jersey giant? or something else...just curious.

View attachment 3714026
Congratulations on your first egg! As far as it being brown, I had always heard that if your bird has red earlobes, she will lay brown, and if she has white earlobes, she will lay white. I've included a picture of my hen Sugar who looks similar to yours but with white earlobes. This theory isn't working for my colored layers.
She is so beautiful, how old is she? and is she a good layer?

Congratulations on the egg! She has grown so much since I last saw a picture of her!
I thought she would lay brown eggs because of her cross, but I didnā€™t think they would be that dark!

Congratulations on the egg! She has grown so much since I last saw a picture of her!
I thought she would lay brown eggs because of her cross, but I didnā€™t think they would be that dark!
Thank you, it's mind blowing and what I noticed was that her eggs have the exact same color of her mom's eggs. Even some dark spots that mother's eggs have are still present on her eggs.
Tomorrow she will lay the 8th egg!!

Back
Top Bottom