She passed away..

I called the vet (before calling for a necropsy) and Described the situation, later ame in to show them some pictures and they said it was most likely vitamin deficiency and looked like she was egg-bound so i felt her crop (with gloves and of course washed all my clothes and everything after) and it was squishy and i could see yolk, very little, but yolk coming out so did the egg crack inside of her?

I feel like i had massaged her vent to hard when i was checking as i had never dealt with an egg-bound hen.. hope this answers everything. Tomorrow I am gonna have my friend pick me up 2 chicks before they run out of stock and keep them quarantine at her house till I get back full on results

so sorry to hear this, but best to know what you are dealing with for sure , I only ever did one necropsey at home and will leave that to the professionals, if she was egg bound or had an egg break and cause an infection,or had tape worms you can see that yourself but you can't do the blood work to be for sure, these sure as heck aren't a fun part of raising Chickens but best to know before bringing in other birds, in case was something contagious and endangering others that are less able to fight stuff.

Back
Top Bottom