She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Those pros sound real good to me...lol Mine waste so much food!!!!
Why don't you make a PVC gravity feeder. I used to use one of those fees store feeders, and wound up with as much feed on the ground as what wound up in the chickens. Built a PVC feeder out of 4" PVC pipe with a "Y" fitting on the bottom & totally eliminated the waste.

Atleast half a bag gets wasted here!! I like this idea alot!!!

I found a feeder that has a lip around the edge that goes back in toward the center about half an inch, and I have it hanging, so I have found that they can't kick it out like they did before. My month-olds are horrible (HORRIBLE) about kicking the feed out. But I don't fill it back up until they have eaten some of what's on the floor!

Why don't you make a PVC gravity feeder. I used to use one of those fees store feeders, and wound up with as much feed on the ground as what wound up in the chickens. Built a PVC feeder out of 4" PVC pipe with a "Y" fitting on the bottom & totally eliminated the waste.
I was thinking about doing that the other night, the PVC pipe feeder. I like the fermented food idea too since it sounds healthier and more beneficial for the chicken as well as NO wasted feed!! I really like that!! I hate watching them bill feed out everywhere and waste 1/2 to 3/4 of what I give them, it drives me crazy!! That's like watching a child pour a glass of milk down the drain after getting the cream off the top :mad: :rant

R.I.P. Burn Baby... :love :hit

I found a feeder that has a lip around the edge that goes back in toward the center about half an inch, and I have it hanging, so  I have found that they can't kick it out like they did before.  My month-olds are horrible (HORRIBLE) about kicking the feed out.  But I don't fill it back up until they have eaten some of what's on the floor!
I've been feeding the Nannies out of a pie pan and they are THE WORST about scratching it all out all over the ground and billing the smaller pieces out. I feel like choking them when they do that, lol.

Back
Top Bottom