She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

That was the biggest hatch I have ever done. The 6 where just duck eggs. The ones outside at moment was just duck eggs these time. I didn't do the chickens. But it does concern me. Why my ducks layed at previous owners home but not here.

@BYC910 IF you are anywhere around and see this I have a question!!! (BTW, how are you? I miss you!) I have someone that uses a Brower 846 and is having trouble "keeping it up".... the humidity that is.....lol Don't you use a Brower? Is there anything special you do to help humidity?

Anyone else for that matter that might have insight to these incubators?

My two our a pain and have same issues pro series and little giant. I was told the home cooler ones work better. Still trying to get all the parts.

@BYC910 IF you are anywhere around and see this I have a question!!! (BTW, how are you? I miss you!) I have someone that uses a Brower 846 and is having trouble "keeping it up".... the humidity that is.....lol Don't you use a Brower? Is there anything special you do to help humidity?

Anyone else for that matter that might have insight to these incubators?

HI Amy
hugs.gif
frow.gif
I'm good just very busy .I'm not sure what that is . If its the old metal one like mine 100egg model still air I put four sponges the size you use in very shallow trays filled with water below the wire cloth . and that gets me 65% for hatch. But I've made modifications to mine added a pc fan changed the wafer for a digital . also put duct tape over the vent hole in the bottom and punched small holes in the tape . also used tape to cover the top vent holes one at a time till the humidity was where I wanted it . you just have to try this and that until you get it where you want it to be .Brower metal incubators are just as dependent on a stable environment as Styrofoam incubators . And humidity just like temperature should be measured at egg top .Also heat spikes happen every time you open the incubator . I only use to hatch in . but I have hatched hundreds of chicks in that thing . If you are incubating and hand turning rotate the top one quarter turn every time you turn the eggs .

also lined it with one quarter inch Styrofoam and added viewing windows . and plastic over the bottom on top of the Styrofoam . the PC fan is where the wafer was . I'm nuts though and do all kinds of weird stuff cutting the plastic for the bottom was a job. broke the first one and cracked the second one .I don't if any of this will help anyone or not but everything I did made it much better.

HI Amy
hugs.gif
frow.gif
I'm good just very busy .I'm not sure what that is . If its the old metal one like mine 100egg model still air I put four sponges the size you use in very shallow trays filled with water below the wire cloth . and that gets me 65% for hatch. But I've made modifications to mine added a pc fan changed the wafer for a digital . also put duct tape over the vent hole in the bottom and punched small holes in the tape . also used tape to cover the top vent holes one at a time till the humidity was where I wanted it . you just have to try this and that until you get it where you want it to be .Brower metal incubators are just as dependent on a stable environment as Styrofoam incubators . And humidity just like temperature should be measured at egg top .Also heat spikes happen every time you open the incubator . I only use to hatch in . but I have hatched hundreds of chicks in that thing . If you are incubating and hand turning rotate the top one quarter turn every time you turn the eggs .

also lined it with one quarter inch Styrofoam and added viewing windows . and plastic over the bottom on top of the Styrofoam . the PC fan is where the wafer was . I'm nuts though and do all kinds of weird stuff cutting the plastic for the bottom was a job. broke the first one and cracked the second one .I don't if any of this will help anyone or not but everything I did made it much better.
Thank you very much! Yes, a round metal one like yours!

autopsy on those eggs shrink wrap badly membrane stuck to an eye. What appeared to me to be mold. 6 had ducks in them under developed in them 1 real bad. 5 almost there. One was like I first incubated them. A few eggs had blood and vains no duck. Yolk green and black goo. I praying the ones outside with ducks our good. They will not leave both nests.

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing you have heat problems . reason being you hatch sounds a lot like my first failed attempts . of the two heat is the instant killer . Banty chooks had a very bad first hatch in an LG still air and taped a aquarium thermometer for wal-mart to her turner second hatch . hatched 11 out of 12 . there is always a reason just have to find out what .

Went out to duck nest a few hrs ago I saw one cracking open. Went out there now and saw it floating the egg in pool. There was no life in water or around them. The egg had yolk in it some was able to grab two eggs she allowed me to touch. I didn't see vains in it or any thing moving. I drew lines on it out lines I saw. Marked it 1-2 with a pencil. But I did see ants in nest again. I will lay ditmacious earth soon as partner comes home . So he can hold snowflake and hope. So I don't get bit.

So my duck eggs are not hatching but I don't know what day their on though. Does the water test work or no? Also does it hurt them? I don't know if their alive or dead.

Last edited:
PLEASE HELP!!!!! EMERGENCY!!

Okay, so this is the LAST live egg of the entire 30 egg batch. We got them from someone on Craigslist so I'm assuming that's why almost all haven't hatched. Our other batch hatched three. But many died fully developed and through the air sacs. I'm assuming it may be because we didn't have the humidity high enough. But I didn't want this single egg to suffocate like the others did. So I read somewhere it was okay to help after 24 hours after the day it's due. So I put a little minuscule hole in the top where the air sac is located. Then made the humidity in the incubator as high as I could and left it for another day. Now, today, I brought the egg in the bathroom with the hot shower making it as humid as i could and started peeling little bits off of the egg until I could see. I saw it moving. So I then wet the membrain and poked a tiny hole through the air sac, (but there's still a lot of yellow inside the membrain) wrapped the egg in a wet paper towel and put it back in the incubator. Now it's still moving occasionally. But it looks like the membrane is almost inflated. Like it took the place of the shell. It's dry but I continue to wet it because it's still alive. PLEASE tell me what to do!!! This is my first time hatching eggs and I'm freaking out. I know I probably shouldn't have helped this one but I think it still has a chance.

Back
Top Bottom