She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Hatch some more everybody needs a hundred or so. Glad dad is hanging in.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
Wish I had room and money to feed 100!!! lmao

Sorry about Peep, Amy.

Let me know if you want to bring in some new genetics to your Spitzes this fall. Mine are doing great. You never said they were not like regular chickens! They are halfway to turkeys with their inquisitiveness, and even speak differently. I haven't tamed any yet but they do get into more trouble than anyone but the turkeys (who always get caught INSIDE the feeder).
Some how I missed this post. Saw it in my email notifications.

Thanks. He's in a better place.

Same here. I just hatched out 7 more to add so next year hopefully I'll have at least 3 more layers so I will have more than one spitz laying. I am NOT good at sexing the Spitz until they crow...lol

They definitely "speak" different. My girl is VERY vocal especially if treats are involved..lol And broody..OMG, just look at her and she screetches like she's being tortured....lol They also do NOT like confinement. My hen has a sweet and yes, very inquisitive personality when she's not broody.

The chicks, who are just over 2 weeks now are often told they are mouthy just like their momma and high pitched!!!

Good news is got two locks the third is on the way soon. Bad news is my son got sick again and it through everything into a panic. The rabbits got out the hen got out. And he accidentally put tricky in the wrong cage. Needless to say I have another hen in sick bay. I can't win. I need to get the duck eggs out of the coop so I can put my drake back with the girls. So I can move my middle ducks . To the pen where eithen is. So I can move the baby ducks where middle ducks our. So my baby's coming Monday have the baby coop. It's not working.

Good news is got two locks the third is on the way soon. Bad news is my son got sick again and it through everything into a panic. The rabbits got out the hen got out. And he accidentally put tricky in the wrong cage. Needless to say I have another hen in sick bay. I can't win. I need to get the duck eggs out of the coop so I can put my drake back with the girls. So I can move my middle ducks . To the pen where eithen is. So I can move the baby ducks where middle ducks our. So my baby's coming Monday have the baby coop. It's not working.

I don't mean to sound rude or unsympathetic, but why not hold off on trying to hatch until you have your current flock and rabbits securely, cleanly and comfortably housed so that they are a pleasure to you instead of such a huge chore? Maybe that means holding off on breeding for a while, or maybe that means getting rid of some older animals, or perhaps just pens and cages that work better for you. They are often found on Craigslist quite cheaply, even free, if you are not inclined to build them.

No there not a chore. No we our not getting rid of our pets. No we our not going to stop breeding or duck eggs. We moved the drake for the duck eggs. They where suppost to hatch already but didn't . The ones coming or not from my flock they where ordered in December before we got ducks. Things happen and you have to fix it. I didn't think the gas company was going to hurt my eggs it's only a lock. My rabbits our in cages they just claim out and we have to put something heavier on it. It's not a big problem. It happens. We didn't relize the hen got out doing feeding time or I would of put her back in her box. He can't see. My partner can't see color. He color blind. We will fix it.

I don't mean to sound rude or unsympathetic, but why not hold off on trying to hatch until you have your current flock and rabbits securely, cleanly and comfortably housed so that they are a pleasure to you instead of such a huge chore? Maybe that means holding off on breeding for a while, or maybe that means getting rid of some older animals, or perhaps just pens and cages that work better for you. They are often found on Craigslist quite cheaply, even free, if you are not inclined to build them.

Tracyjg I am sure WalnutHill was trying to offer some support for the frustration you described in your post as stated they did not mean to sound rude or unsymathetic. I hope things get settled for you.

I doing the best I can do. I try and say something and it's exploded out of prepotion. Everyone has baby's and as they grow they go to older coops. And it doesn't mean I have to sell or rehome my pets or not even see one duck be born. Or have to fight with others to get them to hatch.

No there not a chore. No we our not getting rid of our pets. No we our not going to stop breeding or duck eggs. We moved the drake for the duck eggs. They where suppost to hatch already but didn't . The ones coming or not from my flock they where ordered in December before we got ducks. Things happen and you have to fix it. I didn't think the gas company was going to hurt my eggs it's only a lock. My rabbits our in cages they just claim out and we have to put something heavier on it. It's not a big problem. It happens. We didn't relize the hen got out doing feeding time or I would of put her back in her box. He can't see. My partner can't see color. He color blind. We will fix it.

Quote:
I am sure you will. Happy hatching.

Last edited:
I doing the best I can do. I try and say something and it's exploded out of prepotion. Everyone has baby's and as they grow they go to older coops. And it doesn't mean I have to sell or rehome my pets or not even see one duck be born. Or have to fight with others to get them to hatch.

I don't think anyone was trying to say you had to rehome or were not doing a good job. you sounded overwhelmed and the person who replied was trying to offer support.. the thing with the internet is you can not hear the tone of voice. I don' t think anyone was meaning to upset you more, only trying to help.

Back
Top Bottom