She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

How do I mount the fan without hitting the glass on the machine. There's no room in the center. Of both incubators. You can't tie or clamp between the glass it will not close leaving it open on one incubator. It's the smallest of the two. It can't hang down it will hurt chicken or duck. You hit glass on both. Leave everything alone we will keep getting same results.

I talked to the Hatchery and she said she had the same issue I had in my incubators. They our a pain. She said to save and regroup and invest in a descent incubators that more reliable. Brisela one not sure if the spelling is right. She said they give better results. Then styrofoam or sensitive incubators. She said her eggs would all die within two weeks due to spikes and changes in them.in her styrofoam one. It makes to many hot and cold spots.
Interesting because I have been using Styrofoam for about 6 years, I LOVE MY HOVA BATOR. I have my eggs in my Homemade bator right now and things are going great, I have four call ducks due tomorrow and a Goose this friday.

I have hatched out many many many eggs.

But I can have a lot of hydrometer in it and everything on air conditioning fan nebulizers humidifier on. Grow light on. Upgraded heat/ fan keep it simia stable to the best of my ability. Still I have issues in the 200.00 100.00 machines I have now that cause me so much issues. The ducks broody and failing worse. I don't get it. You would think the duck could do it alone buy nature choice without help. Got to do something different.
Why are you helping?? I don't understand what the major issue is??

Well sometimes we can't all do the same thing perfect. Some people have a harder time doing simple tasks that seem normal to you. We our doing the best we can with time and money.
OUCH, OK, Ok EVERYONE CALM DOWN. Tracy I may be slow here but what issues are you having? What problems are you having???

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not the same for everyone or for every incubator. Or where you live and weather does play a role and so does area in your house. Not every room in house heats up to the same temperature. Electrical engineering in these house. Plays a houge role.

Tracy is your blind duck actually broody, or does she just sit because she is blind?

Even in very cold climates, you should not need to add heat or humidity for a duck to help her incubate eggs. She will control her own body temperature and humidity. If you have her in a dog house, all you really need to do is make sure nothing can get to her. Mine is now sitting on eggs, on the ground, under a 3-sided shelter with a roof. It has not front, she is not completely closed in. But it is within a fence and she is safe. She can get up when she need to.

Also, if you talk to her softly as you walk up to her, she will not get as scared. It is very normal for ducks to be cautious of humans.

This is all she has, so you do not need to go overboard or spend a bunch of money. Predator protection is the most she needs from you.

AMEN, I was confused too about the needed to give her heat and what not. VERY WELL SAID

OK so Tracy, is your duck broody? the only thing she needs is access to WATER, as long as she can get into some water she will COOL herself down. I understand she's blind but again, Even though she is I'm sure she's still able to find food and water. If that's the case, she's all good.

As far as being cold, I doubt it. They can tolerate cold weather, all heat is processed through there feet. The feet makes all the necessary adjustments. So I wouldn't worry about a fan, I wouldn't worry about a heating lamp, I wouldn't worry about anything but making sure she has water.... and food. Let her be a mommy, she's GOT THIS..

It's not the same for everyone or for every incubator. Or where you live and weather does play a role and so does area in your house. Not every room in house heats up to the same temperature. Electrical engineering in these house. Plays a houge role.
I agree not every room is the same temp, but you simply make the necessary adjustments and guess what, BOOM, your all set.. if the bator is running to low in temp and you can't get it any higher, cover it with a blanket. if it's to hot, open up some holes or vents. You make necessary adjustments you can be successful. It's not about Stryfoam bators are bad or no good. It's all about making the necessary adjustments until it works correctly for you.

We still have a week or two before it gets to 100 degrees or more. For all birds and have to get something together to keep heat stroke down.

Back
Top Bottom