She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Amy will beat the bejeezus out of you, too. And then tell you why

2. sjturner79

sjturner79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia

**** I hope the teeth come though fast. It really sux having a teething baby.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  3. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Frogs... I am trying to imagine what traumatic childhood event led to a phobia of frogs...
    I have a few scenarios in my head, but none suitable for posting [​IMG]

Phobia camp? Why on earth would you do that to a child? I can't imagine spending an entire week with mimes. Well, it's not so much a phobia as it is a deep seeded, violent hatred...

4. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Poor BB, hope it comes through quickly. that's no fun. And yes on the multi quoting...lol It'd be interesting to see if they start roosting after being "helped". I never expected mine to because of everything I heard about silkies, but I was so worried she'd be too cold, I thought at least or that night she'd be warm. Ya, Remi was pretty big, but such a sweety. Hairless rats are so ugly....lol Even I have a hard time seeing the cuteness in a hairless rat...lol But they are great pets.

If someone is going to get smacked they deserve to know why! [​IMG]

5. AmyLynn2374

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    So that they can conquer their fear and live a life without an irrational fear hindering their adulthood. Ya, I can't see myself torturing my kid in a "camp" like that either...then next you know your kid has a fear of "camps" and you're back to square one. But I do think that irrational fears that cause people that much trauma should be addressed by a therapist. I said the same thing with my cousin and her snake problem on FB. She claims just a picture will give her nightmares-that crap should be addressed, that is not healthy.

6. sjturner79

sjturner79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia

Yeah , so glad for her she doesn't live somewhere like most of the the places I've lived. I never gone more than 3 weeks in summer without encounter a poisonous snake and about 8 days at most between finding carpet pythons

7. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I understand the theory behind the camp. Haven't we had the talk about not taking me so literally? Sometimes it's just to be funny, remember? Just bringing back that "random playfullness". I don't have a dead serious answer for every question posted. If a real question is posted, then I can be as serious as everyone else, but when it starts getting too deep and serious, I'm going to say something ridiculous to lighten the mood...

There are plenty of things that are unhealthy that everyone has that could be addressed. Some of us post way too much, get a little OCD with replying to every post, and don't take things seriously enough...[​IMG]

8. AmyLynn2374

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    She lives in Florida, so they have their share..lol Up here we don't have a lot of poisonous snakes, but we have a lot of snakes. Usually I catch them barehanded, but I found one last year I wasn't sure what it was so I took the precaution of putting on a glove, but it was a beaut.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Of course I took it and let it go.

9. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    That's a pretty one, but I'm no expert on snakes, so I have no idea what kind. When in doubt about poisonous or not, I look at the shape of the head. If it's diamond shaped, I ain't touching it, but if it's non-poisonous, I usually let them go. Unless they happen to be in the silkie pen...

1 person likes this.
  10. AmyLynn2374

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Did you take me seriously? Really?? [​IMG] Why do you think I added "I can't see myself sending my kid" and "it causing a fear of camps" I was spouting what their reasoning would be for the camp while trying to throw the humor of it in there. That's too funny you thought I took you seriously. I have started to learn not to take most of what you say seriously...lol Would it help if I added a slap when I reply to your posts so you know I know not to take you seriously?? Cause I definitly don't have a problem adding a few smacks. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by