She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. mixedUPturk

mixedUPturk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    Zachary, LA
    I know u guys asked about my snakes and i forgot to reply about Rubys King, those guys are great pets! Im sure its so educational and awe inspiring among your family and guests!

I have an albino ball python about 3 ft long, ive have him since he was a month old 3 yrs ago :)

I have a caulker caye boa. She is six ft and especially an adult specimen is really hard to find, they are almost extinct. Being from Calker Caye, most of u know that All of the smaller locatity specific species are going extinct everywhere.

I have a hypomalenstic or "salmon" baby red tail

Last but cartainly not least, i have a mean as fire, 3 ft amazon tree boa. Its normal for these guys to have attitude problems, they are a high strung species and i keep him as display Only!

Ive kept snakes for more than ten years (As Soon As my parents would let me!) and im not yet 27... Reptiles hooked me a long long time ago and i would love to hear about and see yours! Ill try to add pics of mine asap! Someone said they had a lizard too right!? I love All type of critter, and the first things i ever kept were Anoles while i was 4.

2. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Yeah, simple as that

[​IMG]

3. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Awesome! Congrats!

4. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    Every time you say Blue Swede this comes to mind:

5. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    lol

6. chicapee

chicapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    Thanks I wanted to double check my strategy.

7. sjturner79

sjturner79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia

As long as you have them on non-medicated that should be fine. You coul also use 2 feeders at different heights. I don't know anything about turkey food as I have no researched it. You want to add the oyster shell to the coop when the first hen is about 18 weeks old, so she can start on it when she is ready.

If the first hen is not laying when the others are all 18 weeks you can actually feed them layer food from that age without too much risk of the liver problems that younger birds get from it.

8. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    I have had critters all my life. Crayfish, fish, frogs, salamanders, lizards, snakes, horses, dogs, cats...I had a beautiful Sonoran Gopher Snake, got her when she was 18" and she grew to 5'. She was a constrictor but was small diameter like a rat snake, so she ate mice and baby rats. We lived in a rough neighborhood for a while when first married and I'd go to the party store with her around my neck. She was the most effective people deterrent I ever had.

We have two turtles now, red eared slider and a map turtle.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  9. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I don't know, how much do censors make?

10. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    :lau