She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I love blue crabs, but I don't catch them in the little nets that you see people using on the piers. We will set two or three big pots in the river, then come back and get them the next day.
My favorite thing about SC is shrimping. SC is the only state that will let you set bait for them, and it's only from mid September-early November. You set a line of ten poles in the water, drop bait patties around those poles, then go back and throw a net over the bait. It's a ton of fun. You can fill a 48 quart cooler, the limit, in 2 hours or less on a good night
th

th

What do you use to bait for shrimp? And what's the most effective bait for blue crab? I have a cast net and shrimp trap that go with me when I go to Texas. I love hauling my dinner 50' from salt water to the grill.
droolin.gif

I really like snakes. At least non-poisonous ones. Thanks for sharing the pics. I had a guy ask if I'd hatch chicks as feeders. I just said no...but really not much of a difference between baby mice, baby rats, and baby chickens or quail besides the amount of fuzz.
It's a good thing. chicks or any bird do not have the proper nutrition for snakes. They can be a treat, but the snake will suffer over the long term.

We spent 10 days in the Rockies last year (in Colorado) with a side trip to Moab UT. Incredible scenery! This summer we were going to drive up to Banff, Alberta but instead are heading to South Texas for some fishing. No bikes for those trips...way too many miles in the saddle.
I live 3 hours from Moab and we have family down there. I love it.
yesss.gif

Crawfish are better
I love them both.

Ruby: were you thinking iridescent? The green shimmers in the feathers?

Yes!! Thank you! That's the word!

I love blue crabs, but I don't catch them in the little nets that you see people using on the piers. We will set two or three big pots in the river, then come back and get them the next day.
My favorite thing about SC is shrimping. SC is the only state that will let you set bait for them, and it's only from mid September-early November. You set a line of ten poles in the water, drop bait patties around those poles, then go back and throw a net over the bait. It's a ton of fun. You can fill a 48 quart cooler, the limit, in 2 hours or less on a good night
th

th

Seriously, you are making me crave a vacation so bad right now!!! I'd even take walking the beach for seashells right now. I'm getting sad...I miss FL!

My poor baby is still sick!!!! My 3 year old was only sick for 24 hours but my oldest it's been 72 hours now....and she is throwing up which she hardly ever has done. :(

Oh, so sorry. I HATE when my kids are sick. It's always one, then the next, then the next. By the end of it, you've been dealing with sickness for 3 wks!! What's the ages of your kids? Mine are almost 8,10 & 7 months.

What do you use to bait for shrimp?  And what's the most effective bait for blue crab?  I have a cast net and shrimp trap that go with me when I go to Texas.  I love hauling my dinner 50' from salt water to the grill.  :drool

I hate to say it on this site but we use raw chicken.

What do you use to bait for shrimp? And what's the most effective bait for blue crab? I have a cast net and shrimp trap that go with me when I go to Texas. I love hauling my dinner 50' from salt water to the grill.
droolin.gif
When legally baiting, we use dried fish meal mixed with a congealant to make patties, about the size of large hamburger patties. You throw 2 or three around each pole, then cruise up and down the line, casting over the bait.
From the bank and not necessarily legally baiting a can of dog food with holes punched all around it
thumbsup.gif

Chicken necks for blue crab. Cheapest, and holds together the longest. You can catch them good with mullet, too, but one or 2 crabs will destroy a mullet

Has anyone ever tried the mealworm/sunflower suet for their chicks? It was on sale for $5 at my feed store. They are going crazy over it!! It will keep them busy all day! I am going to have some seriously spoiled chickens! I wonder if the eggs will taste extra good! ;)

This is a gift from heaven, but I gotta let it go :gig

Lol!!! Took me minute to realize what you were talking about! :lau

Yes!! Thank you! That's the word!
Seriously, you are making me crave a vacation so bad right now!!! I'd even take walking the beach for seashells right now. I'm getting sad...I miss FL!
Oh, so sorry. I HATE when my kids are sick. It's always one, then the next, then the next. By the end of it, you've been dealing with sickness for 3 wks!! What's the ages of your kids? Mine are almost 8,10 & 7 months.
I hate to say it on this site but we use raw chicken.

My oldest is going to be 9 in Nov and the baby just turned 3 in May. Both girls....:)

Last edited:
Has anyone ever tried the mealworm/sunflower suet for their chicks? It was on sale for $5 at my feed store. They are going crazy over it!! It will keep them busy all day! I am going to have some seriously spoiled chickens! I wonder if the eggs will taste extra good! ;)

I would do it but sparingly because of the lard used to make it....really fatty.

Back
Top Bottom