She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. sideWing

sideWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    Good guessing SC. Or good observations. [​IMG] I'm just under 40.

I want to be like you when I grow up! [​IMG] Little to no debt is being rich. Not having lots of money.

2. sideWing

sideWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    It only takes 15 minutes or less to pluck a bird. 5 minutes if you have experience. It's easy, just go for it.

I just ordered 75 Cornish X yesterday. Me and two buddies in on it. Our test batch of 15 was very easy and tasty. I did buy a plucker though.

Ours turned out delicious. If this bigger batch goes well then maybe we will sell some next time.

3. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    You guys are funny this afternoon! The baby was sick of sitting in the AC because we're usually outside but not the past 2 days. So I cleaned & filled the kiddy pool and put it right in front of the run. Sprayed the run down and gave them a fresh veggie ice block (Amy, they LOVE it)! Happy I built the coop/run in the shade. I'm loving watching all my little guys. Kinda happy they are silkies because I'm watching giant cotton balls with legs run around. Their antics really are enduring. They share just so they can fight and eat just so they look like they're doing something interesting. And I never realized how many different clucks of vocabulary they have! Very sweet & amusing!

Hope you feel better soon! LOVED hearing about your trip!! Welcome back. You were missed!

4. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    I'd say-egg

LOL I was talking about turning during storing eggs and not turning them. I've done both automatic turning and manual turning. My two manual turning was my best two hatches yet. Not saying it was because they were hand turned, or coincidence.

We do daily.....[​IMG]

Exciting! Congrats!

That is awesome!

No you don't. BTW-did Amy end up being a pullet or roo???

5. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

If you do it right you could be debt free sooner than you think. We are almost debt free. We just have of my student loans left and its under 4 grand and we did it in 3 years. We close to 40 grand in debt and we managed to get it all paid off except that one loan. So it's totally doable. I think I added 38 as your age for the average.

6. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana
    Some days!

Thanks Ross! I need to learn how to get one of those icons from my phone if I'm going to hang around here [​IMG]

7. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Mine really enjoy the veggie ice blocks too, once they decide it's not going to bite back.....lol The other day was the first time the middle group tried it and I had to sprinkle some cracked corn over it to get them to investigate it...lol Didn't take long for it to dissapear after that and I made a rather big one too...lol

8. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

I just type it out ....its : and the word "smack" combined with no space.

9. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    Ruby: they're Oriental roller, Capuchine, Homer, and old Dutch mixes. A couple are purrs.
    GA: (I think it was GA) I'm really not spoiled. My mom wanted the eggs and my grandparents wanted to pay for our animals feed

10. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana

Amen! We just have house payments, but there's two of them :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by