She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

That was me. Never heard of Chagas...what it is?

Well, now that I looked it up... note to self 'not everything on the internet is true Renee!'' GEES,,, just found this: Chagas disease, also known as American trypanosomiasis, is a potentially life-threatening illness caused by the protozoan parasite Trypanosoma cruzi (T. cruzi). It is found mainly in endemic areas of 21 Latin American countries1, where it is mostly vector-borne transmitted to humans by contact with faeces of triatomine bugs, known as 'kissing bugs', among other names, depending on the geographical area.

Alrighty then!!! So day 7 candling revealed that.....a majority of the CLB eggs were clears.
sad.png
Only 2 had good movement and veining out of 8. Now with the Silkies, 1 clear, 2 quitters and 4 that were excellent in development. Lastly, with my personal CLB/Altsteirer cross pullet eggs....oldest egg is from the 6th, all showed growth and excellent movement and veining. I have to say that shipping does a number on eggs. I am unsure how my package was handled but I did end up with 3 broken CLB eggs on arrival, one of the Silkie eggs that was clear was really jumbled up....so I think that shipping just about won this round.
wink.png
I hope the rest of these make it and
fl.gif
the 2 remaining CLB eggs are pullets!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Alrighty then!!! So day 7 candling revealed that.....a majority of the CLB eggs were clears.
sad.png
Only 2 had good movement and veining out of 8. Now with the Silkies, 1 clear, 2 quitters and 4 that were excellent in development. Lastly, with my personal CLB/Altsteirer cross pullet eggs....oldest egg is from the 6th, all showed growth and excellent movement and veining. I have to say that shipping does a number on eggs. I am unsure how my package was handled but I did end up with 3 broken CLB eggs on arrival, one of the Silkie eggs that was clear was really jumbled up....so I think that shipping just about won this round.
wink.png
I hope the rest of these make it and
fl.gif
the 2 remaining CLB eggs are pullets!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!
lau.gif

Congrats on the good ones. I was just candling mine, day 7... I said to myself as I was looking, "I will never buy shipped eggs again."

Congrats on the good ones. I was just candling mine, day 7... I said to myself as I was looking, "I will never buy shipped eggs again."
ITs very difficult and hit or miss with shipped eggs. Ravyn did an excellent job at packing, I just feel that the jacksonville hub is terrible and throws the packages around. I intercepted a package once so it avoided going to jacksonville and the eggs were in excellent shape, almost all of them developed....and hatched. So....I hate the jacksonville hub personally.
hmm.png
But seeing that I need certain breeds that not within a reasonable driving distance I have to do something. I offer rare and fancy breeds.
big_smile.png

ITs very difficult and hit or miss with shipped eggs. Ravyn did an excellent job at packing, I just feel that the jacksonville hub is terrible and throws the packages around. I intercepted a package once so it avoided going to jacksonville and the eggs were in excellent shape, almost all of them developed....and hatched. So....I hate the jacksonville hub personally. :/    But seeing that I need certain breeds that not within a reasonable driving distance I have to do something. I offer rare and fancy breeds. :D

D@mn... I can have a box out to you on Mon if you want it...

ITs very difficult and hit or miss with shipped eggs. Ravyn did an excellent job at packing, I just feel that the jacksonville hub is terrible and throws the packages around. I intercepted a package once so it avoided going to jacksonville and the eggs were in excellent shape, almost all of them developed....and hatched. So....I hate the jacksonville hub personally.
hmm.png
But seeing that I need certain breeds that not within a reasonable driving distance I have to do something. I offer rare and fancy breeds.
big_smile.png

I probably shouldn't have said never cause that's the only way I'll ever get some Cemani eggs
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom