She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

It just looks different than the others. Instead of more of a circle its a U shape. I will trace the air cells and take pictures once my phone gets charged a little bit more. The current humidity is at 40% with no water in it.

If it's "u" shaped it's saddle cell. Never adjust humidity for a single egg, always go by the majority and use a "normal" shaped air cell to judge. It's harder to judge with saddle cells.

x2

If most look good, leave it alone... at 40% I think you're fine... sometimes a wonky egg happens, don't stress over just one... :)

Its the yolk itself that looks like a U. The air cells are still circular.

I've never seen a yolk like that but I haven't candled enough to say it's a double or not.

My situation is complete opposite... I do have air cells that look like that yolk
sad.png

Last edited:
Does shipping affect viability? For example, if they are fertile can they be non-fertile when they get here? Could some of my 'clears' have been fertile??

Does shipping affect viability?  For example, if they are fertile can they be non-fertile when they get here?  Could some of my 'clears' have been fertile??

Absolutely... and that's a good example of the difference between fertile and viable... now if the air cells weren't damaged and you have an excessive amount of clears, then I might question fertility...

My son bought me a head lamp last year.  I've just about worn that thing out.  Gone through 3 sets of batteries.  I think I'll shell out the bucks and get one from LL Bean.  

You've left me.... speechless.  Um... 

Mama broody leaves her eggs to get cold on a regular basis.

What are the hole dimensions of the hog wire?  Hawks get through???

Those are gorgeous.  What???

[COLOR=333333]:lau [/COLOR]

Cayuga. Got to get the pond dug out this winter.

Back
Top Bottom