She seems tiny.

WickedChicksNH

Crowing
Oct 2, 2017
New Hampshire
My little Izzy seems to be tiny, she is only a week old, but she just seems smaller than she should be (I am not complaining) I was in Agway today where I got her and of course I had to go look at the chicks and the ones and same breed and age as her was fatter and little bigger.

Does she seem small to you?
mind you she seems happy, healthy, lovable, she is the bravest of the other chick I have and the 2 ducklings, she is the first to check things out. She sometimes tends to jump out of her pen to go to sleep on the floor by herself. but she is very sociable.

izzy2.jpg
izzy.jpg
I tried to put her next to something so you can get an idea on size,, so there is my tube of carmex and coffee cup.. it's not a big coffee cup.

Thanks all

My little Izzy seems to be tiny, she is only a week old, but she just seems smaller than she should be (I am not complaining) I was in Agway today where I got her and of course I had to go look at the chicks and the ones and same breed and age as her was fatter and little bigger.

Does she seem small to you?
mind you she seems happy, healthy, lovable, she is the bravest of the other chick I have and the 2 ducklings, she is the first to check things out. She sometimes tends to jump out of her pen to go to sleep on the floor by herself. but she is very sociable.

View attachment 1363420 View attachment 1363421 I tried to put her next to something so you can get an idea on size,, so there is my tube of carmex and coffee cup.. it's not a big coffee cup.

Thanks all
She seems the right size to me but other people might have other suggestions! :)

She looks right for a week old. What other breed(s) of the same age are you comparing her to? BTW, I love her little crest!

Also BTW where in NH are you? I’m in Tilton.

Her name is Izzy,
well I am comparing her the when my NH Red and Corhrin bantam was little, the barred rock i got at the same time as her, her eyes are so big and pretty, Hazel my Barred rock has little tiny eyes, looks like she's grumpy lol and the other polish that were at Agway where I got her, they are the same age as her.
I think she is just going to be a little lady.

I am in Contoocook right by the Hopkinton fairgrounds

Her name is Izzy,
well I am comparing her the when my NH Red and Corhrin bantam was little, the barred rock i got at the same time as her, her eyes are so big and pretty, Hazel my Barred rock has little tiny eyes, looks like she's grumpy lol and the other polish that were at Agway where I got her, they are the same age as her.
I think she is just going to be a little lady.

I am in Contoocook right by the Hopkinton fairgrounds

Izzy is adorable. I wonder when I see feed stores posting ages of chicks. I think they’re estimating!

I know right where you are-ish! I used to go down there all the time when my daughter was on a traveling field hockey team!

Back
Top Bottom