Shed Coop *pictures please!* and run...HELP!!

catmf6

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 26, 2009
i was thinking having a shed with a run attached would work really well. im not very handy so something pre made would be stellar. I have 2 RIR hens, 2 Black Austrolorps, and 5 Araucanas.
Please Reply,
Cat

can't help ya out, but we do have members with shed coops! Do a search and see if that gives ya any results..

There are pre-made chicken coops on sites like MyPetChicken and RandallBurkey. A shed could work, if the base is solid and predator-proof.

Hi! We just finished (well, almost...) our coop made from a shed and love it! There is so much room inside, and it was relatively easy to retrofit to make it into a coop. Here are some pics...

**ADDED PIC** This is what the shed looked like before we got it (hubby bartered for it
smile.png
)
53770_shed.jpg

It's crazy what a difference paint and a new window made (and a few other small changes)
53770_0503001931a.jpg

with the run added...
53770_0516001940a.jpg

pic with the door to the run...
53770_dsc00680.jpg

Last edited:
It's still a work in progress but we have an 8 x 10 shed we got off craigslist and have converted to a coop.

1001085.jpg

1001130y.jpg

Quote:
That looks so cool! I wish i had a coop like that! (hopefully i will soon!) Thanks for the pics and advice!!!

Quote:
I just purchased and converted a resin/vinyl shed to a chicken coop and added a run. You can see the process at my BYC page. Hope it helps!

We are almost finished our coop converted from a metal shed (12x10). We made a wall going down the middle of the shed. Half of the wall is chicken wire and we are leaving one of the shed doors open so they have good ventilation. We also have four added ventilation areas in the coop. The run is attached to the outside like the ones already shown. This way we still have half of our shed for storage.

Back
Top Bottom