Sheep!

Chick_a_dee

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Peterborough, ON
We're getting 2 sheep on saturday, they're being delivered from a nearby farm, and they may be in lamb! How exciting. We've decided to name the ewes, Heidi and Gerta.

Last edited:
yea more sheep
ya.gif

Lucky you!!! I love sheep and have 42 of them right now. What breed are your sheep? There is nothing cuter than a newborn lamb so hopefully you will have some. I wish you well. Have fun!

Quote:
They're Dorset X's, either crossed with Rideau or Suffolk (depends on which ram boinked their mommas), they've been in a corral with a few rams for the last month or so, so the likelyhood that they're pregnant is pretty darn high. So excited to get them! They're being delivered in the back of the farm they're come froms Ford Focus Stationwagon LOL.

what are your sheep used for? id love to have sheep but my mom wont let me. id love a shetland or icelandic.

Quote:
Well, they're just lawn mowers right now, we have a 1 acre field that is too overgrown to cut, so we needed an animal to clear it, and sheep were what came to mind, and after seeing the areas the people we bought them from had their sheep clear, we were convinced, we'll shear them and have the fleece spun for our own use, and if we ever decide to eat them, they're completely organic, though that probably won't happen since one of them already has a name, Heidi, and the other might get named Gerta.

Last edited:
cool! i have two goats called boots and stanley. they are fixed boys though so we dont get much out of them.

Quote:
Yeah we were thinking on getting goats, but decided since our fencing wasn't great yet that we'd get sheep now who can be contained within electric easily, and in the spring get two milking goats from another farm we know of closeby.

our goats only get out during the winter when the snow is high. we use a sort of heavy duty chicken wire.

Back
Top Bottom