Shell Less Egg ?

If not disease of "Egg Drop Syndrome", I will be relieve. I will try my best to find good source of Calcium. As for Oyster is really hard here at my place, nearly none, but I heard " Squid Bone" can use as source of Calcium too?
Newly laying pullets often lay thin shelled or shell-less eggs. If they are not provided an adequate source of calcium to form the egg shell, their body will steal it from their bones.
Squid bone should work. What form is it in? It should be crushed similarly to the way oyster shell is provided for poultry use for it to be easy for the chickens to consume.
1611142267415.png

If not disease of "Egg Drop Syndrome", I will be relieve. I will try my best to find good source of Calcium. As for Oyster is really hard here at my place, nearly none, but I heard " Squid Bone" can use as source of Calcium too?
Squid bone, which we call cuttlebone is a good source of calcium for cage birds and caged mammals. For chickens, it would need to be broken up into bite size pieces.
Chickens don't require a significant amount of calcium till they start laying eggs. Since many breeds are so productive, they need a constant source of calcium to replace that used to build shells.
Egg shells are made of calcium carbonate, as are oyster shell, squid bone, snail shells, pearls, limestone, etc.. When consumed, it is broken down into elemental calcium and carbon dioxide. Some is stored in the chickens' medullary bone for quick use when an egg enters the shell gland and is reformulated into calcium carbonate there to form the shell.

Back
Top Bottom