Shelless egg

Pics
Heres some more pics. I'm going to take the boards off the side of the coop that face the river. I put those up for the winter to block the wind. I also have to get a latch for the door on the back. But the girls are happy to be out and free. Lucky is on cloud 9 she gets to roam free and do her ducky thing and not be attacked. Plucky is happy he gets a break from being chased. The boys are mad though. They will get over it.
IMG_20180402_072940714.jpg
IMG_20180402_071104813.jpg
IMG_20180402_071146831.jpg
IMG_20180402_071140411.jpg

Oh, I moved the shovels and rakes away so they didn't trip up their feet trying to visit the boys! Oddly they like looking in the mirror lol. I was originally going to put the mirror somewhere so I could see the coop better from the window but havnt gotten around to finding the right spot. So it stays there bC they like to see themselves. I was worried they would react like cats at first and be afraid of the reflection, they are not. Hehe

Last edited:
IMG_20180402_082440413.jpg

Looks better with the boards off the side. Makes it seem bigger. I'm hoping the view opened up will help. Had to go seperate daisy from Howard he was chasing him and pinning him got him stuck in a corner. This separating males is gonna be hard...

I think you have done a wonderful job!!
Sorry I am trying to keep the name and genders straight in my head
Is this right?
Plucky-drake, 2nd meanest
Scrooge-drake, 1st meanest
Howard-drake, harmless?
Lucky-hen, getting the tar beat out of her
Ostara-hen, new and holding her own
Dark wing-hen, alpha female and not a feather out of place b/c she is alpha
Did i read somewhere within this thread that you also have a Daisy and Donald duck? are these the wild one you named or are they yours and they get locked up?

:Dthank you. I have a male pekin that's named Daisy. Scrooge was named Donald in the beginning, but not by me. As I got to know him, he earned his name scrooge. He always gave me a hard time catching him when I would take them from the fenced in area outside to back in the house when they were young. Then as he got older i was shoeing them off my hostas and he stopped and grabbed one more bite! :lau Scrooge!

Looks great, :thumbsup
and of course the boys are going to take out their pent up aggressions on each other.

We just have to stay on top of it as best we can. My 2 are my gander and my Muscovy drake boy can they get into it.

IMG_20180402_191037.jpg
So a recap of the day, it was waaaaaay less stressful to split the males and females and split plucky. Daisy is getting picked on by howard and he is only so good with plucky before he bullys him. Daffy is being left alone so that was just plucky picking on him. I still have to get them all separated for the night which I dread just like the morning when I have to place everyone where they need to be. But once it's done I can relax. Today was the first day I didnt yell at my kid all day and i actually left the house for a play date for hours! Its been weeks since i went out and did something fun. Even set up the fairy garden with my girl and got a really cool pic of darkwing on the other side of the cherry tree.
IMG_20180402_163125566_HDR.jpg

I even put the bench back and i sat and enjoyed the view! Amazing I felt like a person again. I made a few tweaks on the coop. A lock for the back door, reattached some things tighter. Oh and I discovered the ducks can swap sides in the main coop:eek::barnieso i had to rectify that. Howard got his big ole self thru damn dude has hops for being so big:confused:who knew?
IMG_20180402_155409994_HDR.jpg

So here is the modification so the already strange and wacky hahaha thats me:ya

Also, i am looking to rehome some males. I was reading of bachelor groups? Just have to decide who. I dont want to hand someone else my problem. Ive been observing their behavior and im trying to decide who should go and with whom. Im leaning towards keeping howard and scrooge. They seem to be equals. Howard stays he is luckys protector and pluckys a problem daffy is too small it wouldnt be fair him against howard. ....will see

Attachments

• IMG_20180402_155409994_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180402_155409994_HDR.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 2
Hey it looks good. We do the best we can it doesn't have to be on HGTV lol as long as it works.

Love the Fairy Garden too very nice.

That is awesome you were able to sit outside and relax sure makes a difference doesn't it.?

Such cute pic of Darkwing
:love

I have an apt to rehome three males. Daisy, daffy and plucky. It's hard I'm so upset but plucky is really bad now i have a tube sock over his neck w meds on. I can't do this anymore. I want my life back. Its hard they're my babies.

Back
Top Bottom