Shelless egg

Ostara came in for me last night. I was very happy. I was unprepared bC lucky was in her coop and she had some things to say about that hehe. It was interesting swapping them. Ended up leaving plucky and scrooge in the pen and putting the rest in the main and ostara in hers. I am trying to arrange time to split the pen so lucky can be separated but together like how onaharley has hers. I also want to build another coop and still split the main one. Next day off my man has he can watch our little one so I can change the coop. This will eliminate my stress of having to swap ducks. Lucky will be protected and anyone can come and go to visit her and I can still seperate males if I need to. Thank you for your patience with me and the ideas that helped. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend.
Nice!!! Once you find your method that works for you.....it be less stressful!!! I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend too!!

Well friends,
it's a nice day here. The river is very high but its sunny. I took my girl outside to play and she was helping me build another coop. I finally finished it! And then I had to pull metal shards from my finger tip where i screwed it. Ouch, but thats not too bad. Its progress and
I'm excited!

Last edited:
IMG_20180331_153743648.jpg
IMG_20180331_153933856.jpg
IMG_20180331_153907219_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180331_153933856.jpg
    IMG_20180331_153933856.jpg
    615 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20180331_153907219_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180331_153907219_HDR.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 0
Well, I got everything done today. I have a few tweaks left to make. I split the main coop, I split the pen and I added a door on the back of the coop. My plan is to seperate males and females and plucky from the group. He is getting abused bad. Ostara came home with a bloody head and I said enough. I grabbed darkwing and separated her bC she isn't far behind. I spent the whole day trying to figure out what to do and finally when my man got home he said I could go outside and do what I had to. I'm hoping these changes will keep everyone safe till i can rehome some males. I need time to find the right home. I didn't want to burden anyone on a holiday with my troubles. Just wanted to keep you guys updated with my progress. I feel horrible ostara got hurt. She is ok, now she can have the time to heal and I can let the males out one day and females the next and with the coop split they can come and go on their own. I really hope I made a positive difference. Thanks again for always listening. Hope you had a good holiday. Xoxox

Well, I got everything done today. I have a few tweaks left to make. I split the main coop, I split the pen and I added a door on the back of the coop. My plan is to seperate males and females and plucky from the group. He is getting abused bad. Ostara came home with a bloody head and I said enough. I grabbed darkwing and separated her bC she isn't far behind. I spent the whole day trying to figure out what to do and finally when my man got home he said I could go outside and do what I had to. I'm hoping these changes will keep everyone safe till i can rehome some males. I need time to find the right home. I didn't want to burden anyone on a holiday with my troubles. Just wanted to keep you guys updated with my progress. I feel horrible ostara got hurt. She is ok, now she can have the time to heal and I can let the males out one day and females the next and with the coop split they can come and go on their own. I really hope I made a positive difference. Thanks again for always listening. Hope you had a good holiday. Xoxox
This is great to hear!!! Awesome job on getting your plan figured out and applying it. Please provide pictures of your hard work. I do believe that this is going to help both mentally and physically! I am so happy for you!! And please don't ever think you are a burden....ever!

Thank you. I've enjoyed our chats too!:hugs
I do have to warn you my work isn't pretty. I was working with what I had and what I know. Its almost embarrassing, its ugly but I'll share. I just have the one picture of the main coop split. I worked till 8 so ilI have to take pictures of the rest tomorrow.
IMG_20180401_173158720_TOP.jpg

it's a peice of plywood on the bottom with a baby gate attached. It is reinforced so it wont fall and the gate is attached to the plywood at the bottom. If anyone tries to climb it, it shouldnt move. I know it's very tacky but its what I had.:oops:

Back
Top Bottom