She's Droopy. How Do I Help Her?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TWolfBC, Dec 6, 2015.

1. TWolfBC

TWolfBC Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2015
    I have one older chick and had two younger ones. One of the younger chicks recently died. We moved the coop to a more sheltered area, thoroughly washed it, and cleaned out their water and food. The remaining younger chick is droopy, her eyes half closed, and when I let her out of the coop to eat grass, she never moves, only pecks at the grass and then sleeps, and then pecks again. Her wings dip slightly. I have tried adding a little bit of sugar in their water to perk her up, but after a few days she still looks depressed. How can I help her get better?

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Sounds like coccidia. Corid will treat coccidia. You can find it at your local feed store.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You don't mention where you live (warm or cold weather) and how old she is. I'm wondering if she is too cold / young and needs warmth from a heat lamp. Is she does have cocci, it would be a good idea to treat the others as well. You may also want to post in detail about her condition at "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread. I hope she will be okay.

4. TWolfBC

TWolfBC Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2015
    She is 10 weeks old and we live in California, which is usually warmer, and currently is cooler

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

6. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

How is your chick doing? Were you ever able to figure out what the issue was?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by