She's going broody again - any point in trying to break it?

Ok, the dear girl is in the egg crate shown in the picture above her. I placed it on terra cotta pots so it is above the bedding, placed her in there (then put her back, and back again, and back again) before I was able to set a piece of plywood scrap over the top to keep her in there.

I figure she's going to be plenty angry by the morning which will have one of two possible outcomes. Either it snaps her out of it, or I better go get those fertile eggs because she'll have become so stubborn there won't be anything to ease her mind over it. Last year she sat there for 5 or 6 weeks. She's such a stubborn little lady.

Last edited:
Quote:
Leave her for afew hours, like a punishment, then let her out. Do you have her free range?? If not you will have to use your judgement, mine are free range so I punish for awhile and let her out if she goes back I pick her up - close the door to the dog crate - put her out front. After a while she will tire of brooding. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck have a nice weekend!!

Back
Top Bottom