She's just not normal!

NicInNC

Crowing
15 Years
Jun 23, 2008
North Carolina
12304_p3110643.jpg

Chee-Chee isn't a chicken. At least she doesn't think she is. I tried putting her with the others, but they are so mean to her and if I'm in sight, she flies onto my shoulder. The chicken is attached to my hip. I'm not kidding you.

If I walk past her brooder and the lid is off, she immediately flies out and flaps her wings wildly and climbs on me until she reaches my shoulder. I was doing dishes the other day and she flew out and did that!

Last night, my 11 year old was on the opposite end of the couch holding Chee-Chee. My hubby and 9 year old were in the middle of the couch between us. Chee-Chee kept leaning her head to the side and staring at me. I jokingly said to my daughter "She wants me! She knows who her mama is". My daughter said "No, she loves me too" and held Chee-Chee up to her face. I made a kissing noise and Chee-Chee, flew off my daughters hand and landed on my shoulder.

Today I had her outside with the others. They were picking on her and I walked out of view to see if things would calm down without my presence. I continued to hear them pecking at her, so I walked around the corner of the building and she started squealing and flew towards me and landed on my back.

Something isn't right with her. She just keeps tugging at my heatstrings too. I sent a video of her and her behavior to a co-worker and my co-worker said "There is no way she's a chicken! You're going to have to buy a parrot cage to keep her inside in".

Um. NO. As much as I love her, I really don't want another animal in the house (we have two dogs, a gerbil and African dwarf frogs in the house).

I also wanted to include that she's potty trained too.
lol.png
She has never pooped on me! She waits until I put her back in her brooder.

Last edited:
Yeah, it does kind of get annoying because she belongs outside, IMO! I didn't get chickens to keep in the house. I guess this coming weekend I'm going to build her her own small coop and run. *sigh* I didn't expect to be doing THAT. I don't want her to be alone though and I can't find another like her.

My Polish hen is the only one that accepts her. My polish is odd too though. I don't think she's "all there".
lol.png

This is so cute! My cousin had a Cockateel(sp?) and it loved me. it would fly to me and had to be on my shoulder. If I came in the house and managed to the stairs it would squak and fly around having a fit until he found me.

What a sweet little thing
smile.png
Wouldn't it be wonderful if chickens could ask to go out to potty? Then they could hang out in the house. Are the others the same age as her? Chickens are very clicky (spelling???) One they form a group, they don't let anyone in. If she came into the flock alone, that would be the reason they are picking on her. Some are just so submissive everyone picks on them
sad.png
Try getting her a little buddy that is very sweet and calm, because unless you can be with her 24/7 she will eventually get depressed without any friends.

if I'm right, shes a d'anver??

Donte does the EXACT same thing, he does ANYTHING to be touching me or anyone whos in the pen, he's always been cuddly, but he's only gotten more...cuddly in the past month or so.

Back
Top Bottom