Shes not sweet anymore!

In one of the pictures on your shoulder she is all puffed up, head tucked in, looking bothered. If she isn’t broody and you are certain of that then you either need to integrate to the flock or rehome with full disclosure of behavior. She may be happy in a flock of chickens.
I know the picture ypure referring to. She climbed up there to nap. She stayed there for almost an hour sleeping. She mostly laid on me to nap. She was incredibly spoiled. She's been integrated into the flock now. We're super careful how close she gets to our faces. She's not allowed on our shoulders but our laps are fine as long as she behaves. I posted other pics for you.

Attachments

• 20220617_165130.jpg
    20220617_165130.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 5
I know the picture ypure referring to. She climbed up there to nap. She stayed there for almost an hour sleeping. She mostly laid on me to nap. She was incredibly spoiled. She's been integrated into the flock now. We're super careful how close she gets to our faces. She's not allowed on our shoulders but our laps are fine as long as she behaves. I posted other pics for you.
She does look sweet.
I have a very sweet girl who is super friendly during the day. But at night when on the roost she turns into Satan’s offspring, will reach over or duck underneath another pullet to take a nip at whatever is within a 2 ft reach. She roosts over the nest boxes and on the end near the people door (I collect after dark due to work) so bending over I have to watch she doesnt get me in the head, and she gets my hand when I reach for the people door handle…I can’t win lol. 😑

She does look sweet.
I have a very sweet girl who is super friendly during the day. But at night when on the roost she turns into Satan’s offspring, will reach over or duck underneath another pullet to take a nip at whatever is within a 2 ft reach. She roosts over the nest boxes and on the end near the people door (I collect after dark due to work) so bending over I have to watch she doesnt get me in the head, and she gets my hand when I reach for the people door handle…I can’t win lol. 😑
Oh my! She does sound like Satan's offspring!

So I've raised a lot of babies in the house from eggs. My last hatch left me with one little girl. I kept her because she had a weird seizure thing going on. I medicated, did the vitamin c and all the other stuff that went along with it. Whew, no more seizures! But she grew up in the house and learned how to come, stay, ready, treat, here and all the other things my dogs know. But here's the thing....she was on my shoulder, per usual, and I was talking and she reached around and pecked my teeth. So I tapped her side and said no. I kept talking. She did it again harder and drew blood on my gums. I slapped her hard enough to knock her off. Now, I love this girl. She went everywhere with me. So I sat down, picked her up and she flared her neck feathers at me and lunged at my face and grabbed my lip and chin and bit me so hard she cut me. I went to grab her neck and again she bit my face. So she went into a dog kennel to get used to EVERYONE outside. And them her. I didn't plan on her living with the other girls but dam! So now she attacks hands, fingers, feet, shoes and tries to bite our faces while she's making a low crooning sound. What is her deal?
How old is that pullet/hen? Does it have enough meat to harvest? That would be my solution.

How old is that pullet/hen? Does it have enough meat to harvest? That would be my solution.
She's a bantam mix. I hatched her and raised her. None of mine are for the pot. I'm working with her. She's a smart girl. She knows the word no. She's already stopped pecking and attacking hands. So I consider that a lot of progress.

Chickens will peck if they see something shiny do you wear jewlery? Eyeballs are shiny to a chicken aswell.

Well, I hate to say this, but there are only a few great options for your future:
1. Eat a nice dinner.
2. Find a place to rehome this hen.
3. Pay $100 every year in first aid supplies while the evil hen hurts you.
or put her outside with the rest of the flock

she might be trying to put herself at the top of the pecking order

Wao! I've never come across this type of a hen. Did she hatched some chicks on her own? Some mothers tries to protect its chicks so they go wild.

Wow seems like she got along with your dog‘s. She looks like an amazing girl, my guess she just snapped one day? It can happen

Back
Top Bottom