This is my first time ordering chicks in the mail. The mailman is a family friend and has been keeping me posted if they show up. They didn't come today, but the email confirmation said they shipped on Wednesday. I'm worse than an expectant parent in my worrying about this! I am so stressed they will be lots of DOAs. The weather has turned bad to top it off. Does anyone have special tips about extra care if they make it tomorrow after 3 1/2 days in transit? There is an assortment of 39 chicks in the order. I went in on the order with some other SoCal folks. If the chicks do make it, should I delay letting them take them home with them? Help!