Shipped eggs and I'm sad

I think once I figure out the fluffy butts I will do well with hatching from my own. But Mr Fluffy butt has some issues with fertilizing eggs with all that fluff. hahaa! I had JUST trimmed the fluff on them about a week maybe just under before my hen went broody (only trying to hatch her eggs for the splash color since I am running out of space and REALLY want a splash and can't find any around here) so I don't think the "new" eggs from the butt trimmings had started until she went broody! so I only had that 1 fertilized egg to try with. I will try again (depending on what these 2 turn out like and if I keep them or not since I only have the 2 spots "open" in my coop) once my broody starts laying again and I do a bit more trimming. But I will say I will NOT order eggs from ebay ever again. I understood the poor hatch but to send the wrong eggs was my big thing!
I Have Blue/Black/Splash Easter Eggers and I've been wanting a splash from them for 2 years LOL I finally got 1 splash last year and it ended up being a rooster 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣
They mostly throw blue with a few black.

I Have Blue/Black/Splash Easter Eggers and I've been wanting a splash from them for 2 years LOL I finally got 1 splash last year and it ended up being a rooster 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣
They mostly throw blue with a few black.
oh boy hopefully I don't have to wait that long to get even 1 splash. read it is around 50% ,25%, 25%. so was hoping for at least 1 after my first hatch or two. just depends on how hard it is to re-home the other babies on if I will try again (I have some extras from chicks I ordered since I was worried even ordering pullets I would end up with more roo's so got "spares" LOL) or not.

So I forgot to update this. Papa's Poultry sent more eggs! I didn't even request it.
Turns out the OE eggs weren't the right ones. Thats why I was having a hard time sexing them. He sent me the correct eggs and a few more Cream legbar eggs since only 1 hatched.
They are due to hatch on 6/9 So hopefully i get a better hatch rate this time.
I was really impressed with Papa's Poultry.

Back
Top Bottom