Shipped eggs and new incubator, horrible hatch rate.

It's for exchanging air. Proper ventilation is very important but it's most important while hatching. Removing the plug actually drops the humidity which is the opposite effect of what you want during hatching. This is why you add extra water during lockdown.... to over come the drop from removing the plug and to raise the humidity even higher.

I have it at half. I can open it a little more. I was under the impression from the manual that the vent helped keep the humidity, not necessarily air flow.
It helps keep humidity in yes but without it being open enough as your eggs develop they might not be getting fresh air. Specially if you have had a full incubator. If I remember the manual right it says to make sure that vent is open during hatching.

My govee digital thermometers both say the incubators are heating low. in the 98 range instead of 99 range. I am getting my home build cabinet incubator back and returning these. I have great success with the one I built so I am just going to keep sticking with that. I'll be getting new eggs next week.

Back
Top Bottom