None of them were good, I tossed them at day 14 and threw out a couple that were rotting before that. The second batch he sent we’re delayed in the mail for 12 days 😱 so when my post office called for pick up I asked them how they box looked, the worker said the box smelled and had looked like it was leaking so I asked them to return to sender 🙃. Still battling usps for the first claim they denied 2 times. I wasn’t giving up, I wanted to hatch something lol so I got some Serama hatching eggs from within my state (WA) I hatched 9 little chickie seramas. Between all this I had won a raffle for seramas that were out of Florida. The seller packaged them beautifully, the box arrived in great shape and properly labeled (not like the first 2 batches from NJ seller) but they were still too scrambled from shipping. I had one out of 12 that made it to lockdown but never hatched. So I have learned, if I’m going to get hatching eggs shipped, closer is better like within state or a couple- not across the country. Lesson learned!
What a massive letdown...but I can relate. I've been sticking to having eggs shipped from nearby, too, and based on the state of the eggs (multiple shipments from different states) that I've received, I have to conclude that proximity just doesn't seem to make much of a difference - they still arrive completely destroyed. :mad: Sometimes the box is horribly mangled, sometimes the box looks just fine - the eggs will still be scrambled, air cells detached, cracked, crushed. Even with good packing and labeling, USPS still finds a way to prevent those eggs from hatching.

Getting a minimally-damaged set of shipped eggs is starting to feel like winning the lottery. Wishing you better luck next time!

Thank you, it was definitely a learning experience. I would love to share some pics 😆 my serama babies hatched October 29th. The first one hatched at about 8 am and the last hatched about 10 pm.
Too cute, my buttons internally pipped on Halloween and were done early next morning

Back
Top Bottom