Shipped eggs early and incubator late

Chickie_Momma_91

Chirping
Apr 29, 2021
I had eggs shipped and they arrived 2 days early. My incubator is running 2 days late. My incubator should’ve been here 2 days prior to the eggs. How long can the eggs sit without being in the incubator? How should I handle/store/turn/tilt them while I wait? My other incubator is full and I can’t use it right now. This timing has me worried that my expensive shipped eggs won’t be any good!

The incubator that's full...
If it's full of eggs that are not as expensive you could switch them out with expensive eggs.

A couple days waiting won't make too big of a difference if the eggs were laid fairly recently. Do you happen to know when the shipped eggs were laid?

The incubator that's full...
If it's full of eggs that are not as expensive you could switch them out with expensive eggs.

A couple days waiting won't make too big of a difference if the eggs were laid fairly recently. Do you happen to know when the shipped eggs were laid?
Within a few days of being laid they were shipped. Yea, the eggs in my incubator are my rando mixed flock BUT I think I’ve got a customer wanting me to hatch and another wants a dozen. I can’t throw them out or I won’t be able to take both orders (which I really want to do) so if my shipped eggs can sit for a day or two I’d like to wait.

So I let them settle and checked. I’ve got one with a completely detached air cell. I’ve got 2 with a broken chalazae I believe as the yolk seems to sink. I’ve got 2 saddle air cells. Then 7 perfect eggs. What’s the best way to handle the broken chalazae? The saddle cells? Any hope for the totally detached air cell?

So I let them settle and checked. I’ve got one with a completely detached air cell. I’ve got 2 with a broken chalazae I believe as the yolk seems to sink. I’ve got 2 saddle air cells. Then 7 perfect eggs. What’s the best way to handle the broken chalazae? The saddle cells? Any hope for the totally detached air cell?
Incubate upright for all and don’t turn for 7 days for the worst ones. I’m not sure what kind of incubator you have but I would incubate upright the whole time. If your incubator doesn’t hold eggs upright I cut up a clean egg carton and use that to hold eggs in position. How far did the eggs travel?

Back
Top Bottom