Shipped eggs- to write all over the box or just fragile?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tazcat70, May 14, 2011.

1. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

I am sure that this is another great debate, but I am truly curious.

When you ship eggs do you just put fragile on the box? Or do you go into huge detail? Cover the box with chicke graffiti?

If I am shipping eggs I usually put fragile only. If whomever I am sending them to has things they want written on the box I do it.

I can't tell from my hatch rate (not great) that it matters?

What is your experience.

2. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I write on the box Fragile and hatching eggs. I also write "please do not xray". So I guess I'm one of those people that writes all over the box. Oddly enough I just picked up some eggs the other day and my postal person told me they had traveled upside down for ome time because the sender did not mark the box as hatching eggs. She also said they do treat the boxes differently. This is the first I have ever heard of anything like this from the post office and I dont know if it's even true. The eggs all arrived in great shape anyway.

3. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

delete

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:yep, my local girls told me that they are very gentle with my boxes but the rest of the way is automated....doesn't matter what you write at all [​IMG] they said they all get handled the same, nothing special for "fragile" or anything else...

5. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I also believe it does not really matter what you write, however, I do write "Hatching Eggs" and "Fragile" with arrows point up on my boxes

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    here is what "fragile" got....eggs were good though due to Jody's(hinkjc) packing well...
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by