Shipped eggs with broken air cells...

Chotii

Songster
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Seattle area (Kirkland)
I bought 6 eggs on ebay, received 9, 4 had broken air cells. I have them in the incubator, BUT I don't see anything resembling development in them. But how would I know? The chick-spot is usually what floats to the top and can then be seen through the shell....but with these eggs, the air bubble is always in the way.

Of the other 5, 4 have movement now (day 6), one appears to have died, and I just can't tell with the 4 'bubble' eggs.

How long before I give up hope on those?

TIA!

Some people call those "scrambled" I call em TACs (trans air cell) more than likely, they won't develop. It is common with shipped eggs and not the seller's fault. They just had a rough ride.
sad.png

I quit even trying to incubate TACs anymore..

I just recently had my first success with eggs with ruptured air cells. I incubated them large end up in an automatic turner and when it was time to hatch, I just unplugged the turner and let them hatch like that. Out of 8 that developed, 3 had ruptured air cells and all 8 hatched.
smile.png

Previously, any that I tried to hatch with ruptured air cells wouldn't develop, so I was very pleasantly surprised that these did!

Back
Top Bottom