Shipped eggs

Ok thank you so much I have 18 more comeing tomorrow 4 out of 6 was hopeful from this first order is there any thing I should look out for I have 2 Pekin eggs developing nicely but they were not shipped I have had to keep my incubator set at 100 because I don’t have the option. It’s either 99.5 or 100 and when I have it at 99.5 it seems low so I had to set it to 100 and my humidity here in Florida. It’s very weird during the day the humidity stays pretty good but if I add even a little bit too much water, it will jump up way too high, but at night it will go down low so I’ve had to watch it. I am nervous going to work just because I don’t know how to keep it stable for all those hours, but hopefully I will figure it out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 1
I noticed when the temp in my house is lowered at night by just 3 degrees, the humidity in the bator drops more than I would have thought.
I also used a small dip/sauce cup with a sponge in it (to prevent accidental drownings) to help me stabilize mine

I noticed when the temp in my house is lowered at night by just 3 degrees, the humidity in the bator drops more than I would have thought.
I also used a small dip/sauce cup with a sponge in it (to prevent accidental drownings) to help me stabilize mine
Ok so I should put a little wet sponge in them at night or I guess I could do it during the day while I’m gone at work to put it in a little bowl kind of

Yes, put it in a little cup so it doesn't dry out so fast. That's what I did. I put it right below the air vent so I could slide a straw into it and add water to it with a cough syrup syringe, without opening the bator.

Quick update I purchased an incubator that tilts the eggs upright back-and-forth very very slowly. I think it takes like four hours for it to make a complete tilt so I put some of the eggs in there that have been sitting upright for seven days and a few of the newer ones that their air sacs look pretty good may be slightly Wiggley do you think it will be OK?

Back
Top Bottom